Expired

Selling to CEX? Postage costs, hard to find info...

Found 25th Feb 2014
So I wanted to sell something to CEX, and obviously they give you a freepost label to print off. But they recommend (and I guess it seems wise) to send it recorded or special delivery, or something like that.

I was just curious whether they reimburse you for such a cost? And if not (as I suspect) which is the best option to use to send it in, for people who are knowledgeable in these matters?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered somewhere else, but I find the search function hard to get to grips with on this site! Thanks in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

They will not reimburse you, safest way royal mail special delivery and make sure you specify the correct amount of insurance.

If the item is worth less than £20 and you use the freepost label and it gets lost in the mail then you can get £20 compensation and make sure you get a proof of postage which is free from post office if you use the freepost label, however if you are sending something like a £45 phone then royal mail recorded is the best bet as it covers £50 in case of loss, however anything higher than this then you should use special delivery which covers for £500

Cex wont reimburse you if you use postage other than their freepost label

Compensation is given by royal mail not cex after an investigation

Edited by: "money786" 25th Feb 2014

Original Poster

Alright thanks for your help guys. Pity that I'm actually going in to town unexpectedly, where there is a Cex, but the offer they've given me is no longer applicable in store. So I'm guessing I can't get the better, older offer unless I send it in?

herrbz

Alright thanks for your help guys. Pity that I'm actually going in to … Alright thanks for your help guys. Pity that I'm actually going in to town unexpectedly, where there is a Cex, but the offer they've given me is no longer applicable in store. So I'm guessing I can't get the better, older offer unless I send it in?

Taken from cex website

How long have I got to send you my goods once I placed my order?
Your goods must be received by CeX Ltd at the designated location within 5 working days of your order being placed. Quoted prices may vary or orders may be cancelled if goods are not received within this period.

Original Poster

money786

Taken from cex websiteHow long have I got to send you my goods once I … Taken from cex websiteHow long have I got to send you my goods once I placed my order? Your goods must be received by CeX Ltd at the designated location within 5 working days of your order being placed. Quoted prices may vary or orders may be cancelled if goods are not received within this period.

Yeah I saw that, just seemed a bit ambiguous is all. Designated location means the depot on the freepost label, I assume?

herrbz

Yeah I saw that, just seemed a bit ambiguous is all. Designated location … Yeah I saw that, just seemed a bit ambiguous is all. Designated location means the depot on the freepost label, I assume?

yes

Original Poster

money786

yes

Alrighty then, will be sending it tomorrow, thanks

You should be able to add recorded to their freepost label for 75p (unless it has gone up??)if the item warrants it
Post a comment
@
    Text