Expired

Selling to cex shop

Found 13th Nov 2011
Is it just a matter of taking item in shop and getting the money for it, or do you need to book it in over the internet or something??

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
25 Comments

you just take the item to cex and they either give you money straight away or if its like a phone or games console etc they take about 20-45 mins to test then you go back with your receipt and they give you cash

Original Poster

I am taking cod 3 modern warfare, says they will give me £33 for it........

You don't book it, you just go in and try to sell them your item. Common problems have been highlighted above by realblender. Also, I once took in a hard drive to sell, was told it'd take an hour.. came back an hour later and they told me they hadn't tested it because they didn't have a SATA cable! I think that might've been the last time I used CeX. Awful company, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. You only have to go on their own Facebook page to grasp how poor their service is - just look at all the complaints!

poolielad

I am taking cod 3 modern warfare, says they will give me £33 for … I am taking cod 3 modern warfare, says they will give me £33 for it........

just go to the counter and tell them you want to sell that for cash and they will pay you right away

I buy dvd and games from there wouldn't sell them anything even if i was desperate for the money.
Buy for £50 Sell for £100 and they say they have no cash. Well where does it go because i bet the staff earn minimum wage.

Original Poster

already bought it from tesco

realblender

Advice is don't buy any bargains off here and expect to make a cash … Advice is don't buy any bargains off here and expect to make a cash profit selling to them

I agree with above posts.

I live in Wolverhampton and cannot recommend them either, in my case they run out of money and tell you to come back at a later point in the day. The store makes most of it's cash because of the poor sods which have to trade in 2 ipods and a mobile phone to get their copy of MW3. I feel that giving money back out is not part of the business plan.

Their hardware standards for mobile phones are also through the roof, the smallest blemish or scratch and the phone you're trying to sell is rejected. The company experimented with music sales for a while but very quickly abadoned them due to the about of people bringing in duffled bags of steps CDs.
Once a brought a xbox copy of splinter cell for softmodding for 50p though that was pretty sweet. The higher level of unemployment in your area the more successful you will find the CEX store is.
Edited by: "mogsog" 13th Nov 2011

they hardly ever match what their website says. if you have a gamestation nearby take the printout off cex website and they'll match it if not beat it

OP change title of thread to 'Hatin' on CEX'

u need to be a member with cex b4 selling anything, if you have not then you'll need to take 2 forms of id,
Edited by: "imi44" 13th Nov 2011

Take a gas mask with you too for the foul stench.

Original Poster

went smoothly really, got the £33 as stated..

yeah it is easy if they want what you are selling. If they don't or have a lot in stock they can act like weasels.

Used to be in there part time and its their policy to take a picture of everyone who is selling them something hence the different ques for buying and selling as the camera is already aligned and is controlled by either a person in the back or a button near the counter which the till person will use to take a quick snapshot, next time you sell something, see if you spot it. In one month 30% of our stuff was discovered as stolen and thanks to the pic taking, the perps were caught even though majority of them traded in with someone else's card. But you would have to be pretty stupid and sell something stolen to cex thinking you would get away with it

mogsog

The company experimented with music sales for a while but very quickly … The company experimented with music sales for a while but very quickly abadoned them due to the about of people bringing in duffled bags of steps CDs.

Is there an age restriction for selling dvds and games if you are aged 13 and the pegi rating is below 12?

jordahl0161

Is there an age restriction for selling dvds and games if you are aged 13 … Is there an age restriction for selling dvds and games if you are aged 13 and the pegi rating is below 12?

Don't see why there should be as you are old enough to play the games

jordahl0161

Is there an age restriction for selling dvds and games if you are aged 13 … Is there an age restriction for selling dvds and games if you are aged 13 and the pegi rating is below 12?

You just need ID

Civic EG6

Take a gas mask with you too for the foul stench.

so true only been in a couple of times but it always stinks

JaYy_dOg

you just take the item to cex and they either give you money straight … you just take the item to cex and they either give you money straight away or if its like a phone or games console etc they take about 20-45 mins to test then you go back with your receipt and they give you cash

Not sure why people have such problems. I have taken in literally hundreds of items. The only ones ever refused were clearly damaged so fair enough.
Never been told they have run out of cash but I usually take store credit as they have loads of cheap stuff to buy 😁

Wow did someone just quote me back from 5 years ago! How time flies!!! oO

JaYy_dOg1 h, 34 m ago

Wow did someone just quote me back from 5 years ago! How time flies!!! oO

Ha ha I didn't even notice 🤣

If I have used cex before would I need show my id again

I'm impressed by lack of reference to sex shop.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants