Selling un-wanted items effectiveness

4 replies
Found 16th Apr 2010
I have been using the site for a couple of years and post deals whenever possible.

I've noticed that there is a For Sale section where you can sell your un-wanted items which is of interest as I need to have a clear out at home.

I just wanted to know how effective this will be for selling items particularly as I would be a new seller and you don't have the 'protection' of say eBay for both buyer and seller.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
4 Comments

whatsThePoint;8380172

better off selling in local free ads paper

really?

I've bought and sold loads on the boards here, and it is great some items don't sell, some do.
No harm in trying as it is free.

Banned

whatsThePoint;8380172

better off selling in local free ads paper

Better off getting advice from users uho use the FS threads!

OP, there are no guarentees when using the FS forum but if you go through the rules it will make the chances of being scammed a lot less. I've done about 100 trades on here and have only been done once. And ebay you get fee's and more than its fair share of scammers as its usually the buyers who get protected more

As you are a new seller people will prob ask for you to send first. So if I were you I'd only do it if user has 100% + feedback of 30 or more. You could also ask for half before and half on delivery to get better peace of mind. If you are selling something valuable you could do collection only.

Remeber to follow the rules and you should be fine.

Original Poster

Paddy Charlie;8380235

Better off getting advice from users uho use the FS threads!OP, there are … Better off getting advice from users uho use the FS threads!OP, there are no guarentees when using the FS forum but if you go through the rules it will make the chances of being scammed a lot less. I've done about 100 trades on here and have only been done once. And ebay you get fee's and more than its fair share of scammers as its usually the buyers who get protected moreAs you are a new seller people will prob ask for you to send first. So if I were you I'd only do it if user has 100% + feedback of 30 or more. You could also ask for half before and half on delivery to get better peace of mind. If you are selling something valuable you could do collection only.Remeber to follow the rules and you should be fine.

Thank you, good advice.

I have used my local paper in the past but in the last year or so they have drastically reduced the size of the free ads section (to force you to take a paid ad I think) so thought I would investigate alternative options.

Most of my items are relatively low value so eBay isn't effective due to the costs.

How do people tend to pay for HUKD For Sale items? Via PayPal?

Banned

HappyShopper;8380372

Thank you, good advice.I have used my local paper in the past but in the … Thank you, good advice.I have used my local paper in the past but in the last year or so they have drastically reduced the size of the free ads section (to force you to take a paid ad I think) so thought I would investigate alternative options.Most of my items are relatively low value so eBay isn't effective due to the costs.

May as well give here a go then as won't cost you anything to find out and if you still have stuff you can't get rid of try something like gumtree

Good Luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 2 for 1 code33
    2. Travelling from London Stadium after an event23
    3. With or without cream?45
    4. Computer upgrades78

See more discussions