selling used phones

Posted 21st Jul 2020
Hi all,

I had a samsung note 9 and Iphone SE 2020 which i wanted to sell, what are the best platforms to advertise? anyone have experience with CEX or the mobile phone recycling companies?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
i have used music magpie and Mazuma. they are both very good and quick turnaround.
I've used Music Magpie a couple of times no problem.
I had a good experience with Cex.
Before lockdown i've sold a couple of phones to CEX, easy to do and cash on the day
bobdylan22/07/2020 10:04

Before lockdown i've sold a couple of phones to CEX, easy to do and cash …Before lockdown i've sold a couple of phones to CEX, easy to do and cash on the day

did you take the phone into the CEX store? can you do this without having an account with them? i know you need to bring in ID, so can all this be done at the same time that you bring the phone in and get the cash for it straightaway?
Yes I already had an account with them when I took the phone in store. Left it with them for 30 minutes whilst they checked it over and collected the cash when I went back
mutley122/07/2020 11:43

did you take the phone into the CEX store? can you do this without having …did you take the phone into the CEX store? can you do this without having an account with them? i know you need to bring in ID, so can all this be done at the same time that you bring the phone in and get the cash for it straightaway?

You can do it online too if you have a printer, they will email you the cash to print out which you can then take into the nearest police station who will gladly exchange it...
For handcuffs
bobdylan22/07/2020 11:58

Yes I already had an account with them when I took the phone in store. …Yes I already had an account with them when I took the phone in store. Left it with them for 30 minutes whilst they checked it over and collected the cash when I went back

i think it is free to set up an account with them? but you have to bring ID into store to complete the registation? i have never used CEX before, but when you look online, their trade in prices seem to be better than music magpie and mazuma.
Yeah it's free to sign up, can't recall if you need to take ID in with you but can't hurt I guess
Avoid eBay - numerous cases or people get the winning bid wait and then claim saying it’s faulty damaged ..

Is go online buyer / cex or Facebook / gumtree
I sent 4 ipads to cex, they all got sent back to me with screen problems.
Post a comment
@
    Text