Selling used phones to CEX

Posted 8th Sep
I havent sold anything to cex in years. I believed any phone thats been used will be grade b at best. My phone has been in a front and back case and screen protector but its a few years old. Is there any chance it could be grade A?

Also are there any other sites to sell other than ebay/amazon? the mobile recycling sites offer no where near what they used to.
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
If the device has no scratches, bumps and comes with original packaging (unopened) then it can pass for an ‘A grade’.
sellmymobile.com/

Other option would be Facebook market place or gumtree
Edited by: "matthewharrod10" 8th Sep
I will personally say no chance it will be classed as grade A
a few few years back when I sold a phone to them which was brand new I sent it in as a grade A (which it was) anyway when they received it I had a email stating it had been regraded due to marks on screen and back and they included the price they was now offering I declined the offer and had the phone sent back to be honest I was worried that they was going to send a different phone back but they sent back the one I sent which was in perfect condition and I just ended up selling on eBay.
I sold an ipad and mobile to them a year ago, both were mint never been out of covers and screen protectors.
Both classed as A grade.
It’s best to sell on gumtree or eBay when the £1 fees are on to get the most money
If you've got the box and the phone is mint with all accessories then definitely a 95% chance of it being graded an 'A'
You will be surprised they will find a scratch and you can’t. The phone has to be literally new with all accessories to be grade A but you have used yours for few years
A grade = no scratches, with original box and essential accessories.

B grade = no scratches, no box required but all essential accessories are. Some stores (especially franchises) may be a bit more lenient about accessories and tiny scratches.

C grade = battered phones.
Check the corners for marks. That's what gets you, especially with a protective case. Game.co.uk used to be quite competitive against cex and aren't as adept at spotting scratches. Might be worth a compare.
Post a comment
@
    Text