Selling xbox one console, what happens to downloaded games

Edited by:"SOUTHWALES"Found 1st Dec 2017
Hi, A year ago I purchased an Xbox one with connect and it includes 3 games, zoo Tycoon, Minecraft and sports kinect. The games were on a card that you scratched off to reveal the code to download games. I want to now sell the console. When I delete my account as I wish to keep it for my new Xbox one s will the new owner get to play the games or would they need my account. If not it makes me wonder why people buy games online if you can not sell them on or include them with your console without handing over your live account.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

No they will stay under your account

"If not it makes me wonder why people buy games online if you can not sell them on or include them with your console without handing over your live account."

Because your games can't get scratched or stolen, and if your console is stolen or lost, you'll never lose your games. You can also own a lot of games without having to worry about where to keep them etc.

Arguments both ways.

I buy digital so my 2 kids can gameshare, works out cheaper than buying 2 copies

Tied to your account, when you wipe/factory reset your console before selling (which you should do) the games and your account will be wiped from the system.

When/if you buy another Xbox they will be waiting for you to download when you sign in with the credentials you use at the minute.

Games-sharing, cheaper regions means this generation of gaming is the cheapest it has ever been for many.

Original Poster

Jodyann13 m ago

I buy digital so my 2 kids can gameshare, works out cheaper than buying 2 …I buy digital so my 2 kids can gameshare, works out cheaper than buying 2 copies

How does game sharing work? Every time my daughter logs into Xbox live it logs me out of mine and vise versa, is there a way to share one live account without logging each other out.

SOUTHWALES2 m ago

How does game sharing work? Every time my daughter logs into Xbox live it …How does game sharing work? Every time my daughter logs into Xbox live it logs me out of mine and vise versa, is there a way to share one live account without logging each other out.

ubergizmo.com/how…ne/

benjammin3163rd Dec

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/gameshare-xbox-one/

Son 1 buys the game on his console, goes to son 2's console, logs in under son 1, downloads the game to son 2 console (under son 1 log in) logs out, logs back in under son 2
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions