Semi Faulty PS4 controller Trade In @Game?

Found 2nd May
Hi, I have a PS4 controller with worn off analogs and an R3 that doesn't seem to work.

Originally i was going to send it to Sony for fixing or a replacement, but the serial number has rubbed off.

So for anyone that has tried, would gane take this in for trade? I know they take Consoles according to their FAQ.
Community Updates
Top comments
Why would they take in something that doesn't do what its supposed to? They'd never sell it
17 Comments
Why would they take in something that doesn't do what its supposed to? They'd never sell it
Really
richje1008 m ago

Why would they take in something that doesn't do what its supposed to? …Why would they take in something that doesn't do what its supposed to? They'd never sell it

Don't ask me, GameStop does it and Game appear to do it for consoles.

My guess is they refurbish it and sell it at grade C or something.

33733896-81uJM.jpg
Consoles I can see why, Still money to be made. I'd Give u a quid for the controller and cost about 10- 20quid to repair. Wouldn't make business sense at all. They'd have to replace with Sony parts.
Damn guess I'm out of a controller then
Edited by: "LQ889" 2nd May
Still worth a call to Sony see if they can do anything. They may suggest another way to get the serial number of it's needed
If they do take it (If they are that silly) you would get next to nothing for it. Why not sell it for spares or repair on eBay and put the money towards a brand new one or a pre owned?
Wow that’s a well used controller, if you’ve managed to wear away the analogs and rubbed off the serial number (not sure how), then surely you have got your money’s worth and it’s time to buy a new one.
richje1001 h, 30 m ago

If they do take it (If they are that silly) you would get next to nothing …If they do take it (If they are that silly) you would get next to nothing for it. Why not sell it for spares or repair on eBay and put the money towards a brand new one or a pre owned?

They're offering 19£ cash and 24£ trade in which i thought was great value.

Wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience and actually traded it in.

Thanks for the eBay idea though.
worf2011 h, 1 m ago

Wow that’s a well used controller, if you’ve managed to wear away the ana …Wow that’s a well used controller, if you’ve managed to wear away the analogs and rubbed off the serial number (not sure how), then surely you have got your money’s worth and it’s time to buy a new one.

It's mainly because my brother plays like such an oddball, we've both had our controllers for 5 years (so yh he got his moneys worth lol) but my controller is still in great condition.
LQ88926 m ago

They're offering 19£ cash and 24£ trade in which i thought was great v …They're offering 19£ cash and 24£ trade in which i thought was great value. Wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience and actually traded it in.Thanks for the eBay idea though.

They'll give u 24 quid for a controller that a doesn't work tidy? They tested it or that's what u seen on their app or something?
richje1006 h, 29 m ago

They'll give u 24 quid for a controller that a doesn't work tidy? They …They'll give u 24 quid for a controller that a doesn't work tidy? They tested it or that's what u seen on their app or something?

No no, that's how much they still give for the OG DS4. That's why i wanted to check if they'd take my controller or take it for lower, since it's a pretty amazing price.
LQ88946 m ago

No no, that's how much they still give for the OG DS4. That's why i wanted …No no, that's how much they still give for the OG DS4. That's why i wanted to check if they'd take my controller or take it for lower, since it's a pretty amazing price.

Ahh ok
Why not have a look on eBay, grab some new sticks. The button might need cleaning inside. The stick are easy to replace. Plenty of vids on YouTube. I did this for one of mine, made it feel like new again :-)
talset33 m ago

Why not have a look on eBay, grab some new sticks. The button might need …Why not have a look on eBay, grab some new sticks. The button might need cleaning inside. The stick are easy to replace. Plenty of vids on YouTube. I did this for one of mine, made it feel like new again :-)

Ditto

During my FIFA rages I have destroyed/ damaged/ repaired several controllers.

They are very easy to open and replace parts.
talset3 h, 50 m ago

Why not have a look on eBay, grab some new sticks. The button might need …Why not have a look on eBay, grab some new sticks. The button might need cleaning inside. The stick are easy to replace. Plenty of vids on YouTube. I did this for one of mine, made it feel like new again :-)

100% this.

Its a lot easier than you think! I've changed the battery and thumb sticks on mine.
talset5 h, 57 m ago

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Nothing to lose I guess.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants