Send DVD via Post Box?

Found 16th May 2012
Hope someone can answer this for me. I have to send my friend a DVD. It's contained in a standard bubble wrapped envelope type case.

Can I send it in my local post box? if so how many first class stamps would I need to put on it?

Would save me going all the way into town to use the post office. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
MiscDVD
11 Comments
mumbojumbo

Goes as a large letter ~150g1st Class £1.202nd Class £1.10

I don't understand. I have a book of first class letter stamps. How many would I need to put on?
mumbojumbo

If it just says 1st class then it's worth 60p2x 60p stamps will do it.

Awesome. Cheers pal
just incase....
this is a postbox

http://gallery.e2bn.org/assets/0802/0000/0294/romford14_mid.jpg

you get different ones though so let us know if still stuck
It depends on the size and weight. If it's less than 5mm deep and less than 100g, you can send it with a normal 1st or 2nd class stamp, for 60p or 50p. Under 100g and above 5mm deep, and a 90p 1st class large letter or 69p 2nd class large letter will cover it. Beyond that, and, yeah, what mj said.
brilly

....just incase....this is a postboxyou get different ones though so let … ....just incase....this is a postboxyou get different ones though so let us know if still stuck

My one's a white one mind.

Is that still Royal Mail?
dxx

It depends on the size and weight. If it's less than 5mm deep and less … It depends on the size and weight. If it's less than 5mm deep and less than 100g, you can send it with a normal 1st or 2nd class stamp, for 60p or 50p. Under 100g and above 5mm deep, and a 90p 1st class large letter or 69p 2nd class large letter will cover it. Beyond that, and, yeah, what mj said.

I only have regular letter stamps, can I just bung those on there instead of large letter stamps?
Edited by: "JamesClark1991" 16th May 2012
JamesClark1991

I only have regular letter stamps, can I just bung those on there instead … I only have regular letter stamps, can I just bung those on there instead of large letter stamps?

You can, but it might mean overpaying.
JamesClark1991

My one's a white one mind.Is that still Royal Mail?

hmm... like this?

http://newimg.globalmarket.com/PicLib/953/1867953/prod/1_1329296196321_l.jpg

sure...seems legit
brilly

hmm... like this?sure...seems legit

Exactly like that! do you live in my area or sumin mr? :s
FFS you need to get out more asking dopey questions
aberfal

FFS you need to get out more asking dopey questions

Aw babes, I hate it when you get all huffy :')
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants