send excess Rubber Bands to be reuse for free

Posted 28th Sep
Reduce waste, you can now send them to be reuse, free of charge, to: Royal Mail, Rubber Band Recycling Department, Freepost, Tomb Street, Belfast BT1 1AA

wasteconnect.co.uk/pag…d65

Not sure whether they accept old/broken ones, I suppose they have safe/best way to dispose them.

greenmountainenergy.com/201…ds/
Are rubber bands compostable? Technically, yes! Rubber comes from the sap of a rubber tree, and the rule with composting is: If it once was alive, it can be composted. However, rubber takes a long time to break down or biodegrade, so it’s best to reuse rubber bands rather than toss them in the compost bin.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

13 Comments
This deal is a stretch at best!!
i use them around the base of my ....
Posties should pick then up in the first place really, but I don't mind as it means free, high quality rubber bands.
Edited by: "jamie15" 28th Sep
I've only got one and i need it .
deleted1410297
I had a bunch on my door handle once, spooked me as I thought it was burglars leaving a mark. Ended up being the jolly postie
jamie1528/09/2019 17:35

Posties should pick then up in the first place really, but I don't mind as …Posties should pick then up in the first place really, but I don't mind as it means free, high quality rubber bands.

Is it a bit daft, they get to litter with impunity and then we get the joy of collecting and returning from our front yards. Feel like they skipped the logical solution
I’m a Postie and don’t know any who drop or dump them but we do get people who get a lot of post so we bundle it together and post with a band on, it’s keeps it secure and far easier for the person to pick up than picking you a dozen letters scattered on the floor it’s also far quicker when we deliver to deliver the bundle than go through 10-20 letters looking for the post for the next house, a lot of people then give us them back once they get a lot.
Edited by: "toonsquirel" 28th Sep
toonsquirel28/09/2019 21:10

I’m a Postie and don’t know any who drop or dump them but we do get people …I’m a Postie and don’t know any who drop or dump them but we do get people who get a lot of post so we bundle it together and post with a band on, it’s keeps it secure and far easier for the person to pick up than picking you a dozen letters scattered on the floor it’s also far quicker when we deliver to deliver the bundle than go through 10-20 letters looking for the post for the next house, a lot of people then give us them back once they get a lot.

It depends on the postie. Not all posties do it. Before we had a postie who always used to throw so many rubber bands on the floor but our current one doesn't seem to much.
For the odd one you get imagine how much it costs to get the envelope with them in to Belfast and the impact of doing so.
Where do I stick the stamp?
38566376-9MVMe.jpg
chapchap28/09/2019 16:53

i use them around the base of my ....

...stopcock so the liquid doesn't leak.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants