Sending a Laptop 1st Class Recorded... Where to find prices for insurance to cover more than £39?

I've been looking on Royal Mail website but can't seem to find where they list the prices to cover approx £300 for a laptop that weights 5.8kg that I'm sending. I've looked at the Next Day delivery which covers £500 insurance but the cost is more than £22 which is way more than I expected so I would really like to know if anyone know where to find the prices to see their insurance rate to cover about £300 worth of item?? Thanks

(BTW, I know it'd be cheaper to send by parcel2go, etc but I would rather not stay at home all day waiting for them to pick up the parcel and after adding the extra insurance, the cost is similar to Royal Mail anyways.)

9 Comments

RMSD is best...
Otherwise its courier

you can send parcel force from £11.99 from the post office

1st class for a laptop is suicide... Only ever send courier or royal mail SD with enough insurance

I've just sent a laptop to a buyer today , ParcelForce48 @ £10.99 , tracked too . I'm sure she said cover was only upto £150 though ............no good in your case .I've used Parcelforce quite afew times without any problems , but I think you'd pay more for higher insurance .

Original Poster

Thanks, I'll go for the Parcel Force option from your suggestions. The couriers charge too much for compensation so I'll just use Parcel Force hope for the best.

Deffo best to use royal mail special delivery but if too pricey for you try royal mail standard parcels and choose the amount of insurance you want. Check it out online once you have your weight for the parcel. Just pack it well.

I got an email today saying parcel2go are doing anything up to 25kg for £4.99 delivered

benhorne12;6179951

I got an email today saying parcel2go are doing anything up to 25kg for … I got an email today saying parcel2go are doing anything up to 25kg for £4.99 delivered

when collecting multiple parcels

shanecr;6179964

when collecting multiple parcels

Couldnt you send one to your buyer... and one empty one to yourself... still works out a quid cheaper than Royal Mail LOL

dont forget that they will want to see original receipts before they will pay out anything and some ask for photos of the item! Check the small print with their 'insurance' cos most of it aint worth a penny.... I know, I have been stung by it, £75 worth of crash helmet, insured for more... given £12 as goodwill and refusal to pay anymore for the reasons I have stated...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any Xbox One news today?2356121
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523395
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213590
    4. What an absolute disgrace1944

See more discussions