Sending a letter with tracking but no signature?.

Found 2nd May
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Or if you just want proof and no tracking then just ask for proof of postage and they’ll give you a receipt.
magicjay19867 h, 8 m ago

Sure is...just Royal Mail Tracked Sure is...just Royal Mail Tracked https://www.royalmail.com/personal/uk-delivery/personal-tracked24

Thanks.

Unfortunately, even when registering for click and drop I can only see normal 1st class and 1st class signed for but no tracked service.

The person won't be in to sign for the letter so the tracked service sounds perfect but can't see a way to purchase it for a letter.
ScubaDudes52 m ago

Thanks. Unfortunately, even when registering for click and drop I can only …Thanks. Unfortunately, even when registering for click and drop I can only see normal 1st class and 1st class signed for but no tracked service.The person won't be in to sign for the letter so the tracked service sounds perfect but can't see a way to purchase it for a letter.

Special delivery for a letter, some things you are just better going into the post office for they will sort it.
Yes as i work in the courier industry royal mail do this. My company also does this the price is inbetween standard non tracked mail and tracked and signed for
Just ask at the post office can i send this item 1st/2nd class recorded delivery.
Caroline_19931 h, 11 m ago

Just ask at the post office can i send this item 1st/2nd class recorded …Just ask at the post office can i send this item 1st/2nd class recorded delivery.

Pretty sure recorded delivery requires a signature though. It needs to be tracked but no signature (through the letterbox). I've sent one letter already but hermes lost it at the collection depot.

I'll call in at the post office or try another courier.

Thanks all.
ScubaDudes2 h, 17 m ago

Pretty sure recorded delivery requires a signature though. It needs to be …Pretty sure recorded delivery requires a signature though. It needs to be tracked but no signature (through the letterbox). I've sent one letter already but hermes lost it at the collection depot. I'll call in at the post office or try another courier. Thanks all.

No special delivery requires a signature. Recorded delivery is that orange sticker they put on with just the tracking number. When i post and recieve items on recorded delivery ive never had to sign.
Caroline_199320 h, 19 m ago

No special delivery requires a signature. Recorded delivery is that orange …No special delivery requires a signature. Recorded delivery is that orange sticker they put on with just the tracking number. When i post and recieve items on recorded delivery ive never had to sign.

If you use Signed For (which is what Recorded Delivery is nowadays), then you're paying for a signature (the name kind of gives it away). For years many postmen/women ignored this fact, but they seem to have got a bit better recently. In theory, if they don't provide the signature then the sender can make a claim against Royal Mail.

Two suggestions for the OP:
- Why not just buy a small parcel label? They're tracked but don't require a signature.
- Pay for Signed For, but add a message to the postperson on the envelope asking him/her to track it but not require a signature ("Sender does not require a signature as long as the item is tracked to destination." or whatever).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions