EXPIRED

sending a parcel ??

Hi all im wanting to send a parcel ( a 1st size carchair ) the sizes and weight before its in a box are
weight 4.7kg
width 49cm
height 61cm
length 71cm

and i have tryed on parcel to go ive made it 5kg and added a few cm for the box and its coming up at £50.99 +vat as the cheapest option, ive only used this company before and it was for somthing over 20kg and a large box and it was around £8 with the vat on can anyone point me in the right direction for getting the car chair sent at a cheaper cost, im sure there must be a way ive looked on ebay and people seem to charge £10 for post so there must be somewhere arghhhhh id be soooooo greatfull for any help thanks
sarah

14 Comments

Parcesl2Go,should be under £9 inc VAT.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5183684

Parcesl2Go,should be under £9 inc VAT.

thats who i got the quote from do you have any idea what im doing wrong when im putting the sizes in ? thanks for help

I entered this info in to Parcel2Go and it gave me a cheapest of £24.14

Original Poster

hypnoticstate;5183717

I entered this info in to Parcel2Go and it gave me a cheapest of £24.14

i added a little onto the measurments above as this was the seat with no box the box would make it a little bigger i added about 5cm to each measurment and it came up more

SABJ;5183688

thats who i got the quote from do you have any idea what im doing wrong … thats who i got the quote from do you have any idea what im doing wrong when im putting the sizes in ? thanks for help

I've no idea but you be better sending it off Standard Parcels unless its pretty pricey and you prefer to get a signature for it. Cos buyers saying they not received and all of that bother.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5183770

I've no idea but you be better sending it off Standard Parcels unless its … I've no idea but you be better sending it off Standard Parcels unless its pretty pricey and you prefer to get a signature for it. Cos buyers saying they not received and all of that bother.

ive looked again and it looks like its based on the cubic feet and mine goes over that so its gona be £50+vat royal mail do postage on parcels trying to look at that one now not worth it if i cant get it down to about £10 its annoying because its not very heavy thanks alot for your help i cant rep you yet its telling me i need to spread some around must of repped you earlier :thumbsup: thanks

[url]www.interparcel.com[/url] are quoting £8.81 plus vat for those dimensions. They use UPS for that delivery.

Original Poster

pugw$sh;5183910

[url]www.interparcel.com[/url] are quoting £8.81 plus vat for those … [url]www.interparcel.com[/url] are quoting £8.81 plus vat for those dimensions. They use UPS for that delivery.

was that based on exact sizes ? i need a little bigger for the box and the quote i got was alot more maybe the sizes were different or do i need to be a member to get it cheaper thanks repped

I put in 50x65x72 and 5kg, any bigger and the cost sky rockets. I'm not a member and I've used them quite a few times.

Original Poster

pugw$sh;5184012

I put in 50x65x72 and 5kg, any bigger and the cost sky rockets. I'm not a … I put in 50x65x72 and 5kg, any bigger and the cost sky rockets. I'm not a member and I've used them quite a few times.

i dont think id get it in a box of that size im sure i would need a couple of cms more its crazy how much the price changes for them couple of cm suppose they need to draw the line some where think it will be best to measure the exact box and try again see what comes up, brilliant site tho thanks ill bookmark it thanks so so much for taking the time to help me :thumbsup:

Surely it's just £9.58 Standard Parcels from your local Post Office (although if it's to big for them to handle, they might ask you to take it to your main one).

Original Poster

BeeKeeper;5184488

Surely it's just £9.58 Standard Parcels from your local Post Office … Surely it's just £9.58 Standard Parcels from your local Post Office (although if it's to big for them to handle, they might ask you to take it to your main one).

thanks i think its worth a shot, there doesnt seem to be anything else to try thanks for taking the time to reply repped :thumbsup:

Original Poster

twinmum;5201988

i usehttp://ezdelivery.parcelbooking.com/it's coming out at £7.99 for … i usehttp://ezdelivery.parcelbooking.com/it's coming out at £7.99 for your parcel

yes for the exact measurments i need slightly bigger for the box and this comes up more

thanks for help tho repped
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763831
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523399
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356129
    4. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…99

See more discussions