Expired

Sending a parcel to China

4 replies
Found 20th Sep 2008
I need to return some moody shoes I bought from China and I am looking for the cheapest method. I need to ship a shoe box (!) which weighs about 2kg but so far I can't find anything less than about £30. Any ideas?

4 Comments

Banned

try parcel2go

Original Poster

I have and it's nearly £50.

Well I have your answer. Just use the Small Packet service from the Royal Mail when 2 KG would cost you £20.99 in postage. Should you want to send your parcel recorded then that would cost you an extra £3.50. People with franking machine accounts can also get a lower price... if you know any.

Keep your package as light as possible when every extra 20g will cost you 20p. The Small Packet service is normally for commercial business shipments but it is perfectly valid to use it for a commercial return. You will have to write "Small Packet" above the address in a red pen and draw a box around it.

Also now you know why many people like to shop local...

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately local shopping doesn't always extend to some of the greyer areas of the acquisition market!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition54494
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)33
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions