Groups

Sending a parcel via DHL

Banned
    first time ive done this due for collection today. Didnt have a printer so just wrote the adress down on paper and put it on the box. i assume this is ok? i dont need to write anything extra down like my order receipt etc do i?

6 Comments

No you dont need to write order number, just address is fine, one thing i would do if the item is valuable, is write 'Signature Required' i've had a few parcels left without a signature and it's hard to trace, so i always write that on the item i send now.

Which company did you buy the service from? If it was from parcel2go, you would have needed to print the DHL label out and stick it on the package.

Original Poster Banned

apples33

No you dont need to write order number, just address is fine, one thing i … No you dont need to write order number, just address is fine, one thing i would do if the item is valuable, is write 'Signature Required' i've had a few parcels left without a signature and it's hard to trace, so i always write that on the item i send now.

ok will do mate!

Original Poster Banned

fluffyundacrakas

Which company did you buy the service from? If it was from parcel2go, … Which company did you buy the service from? If it was from parcel2go, you would have needed to print the DHL label out and stick it on the package.

hmm are you sure? as i swear i seen a note saying it was not essential. and yes it was parcel2go

fluffyundacrakas

Which company did you buy the service from? If it was from parcel2go, you … Which company did you buy the service from? If it was from parcel2go, you would have needed to print the DHL label out and stick it on the package.

You dont, as when DHL collect the parcel they stick a barcode on the parcel, and on the receipt they leave with sender

DangerGod

hmm are you sure? as i swear i seen a note saying it was not essential. … hmm are you sure? as i swear i seen a note saying it was not essential. and yes it was parcel2go

I did one yesterday through p2g for dhl and I’m fairly sure it said you need to print out the label as the barcode is on that. If you’ve got the address on it however, you should be ok?

Edit: Just went through the p2g site and created an order to see what it says, looks like you should be ok:

"Please note that you do NOT have to print labels on the DHL UK/Euro services. However, collection performance is improved if you print, and use, the labels below".
    Edited by: "fluffyundacrakas" 5th Oct 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller11
      2. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2836
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1945
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow59

See more discussions