Sending a phone back to apple for repair- what does Postage to be paid at destination mean?

Found 2nd May 2012
Asked my daughter to go post an iphone off to apple in the returns packet they sent today and the lady asked for money.

On the package it says "Postage to be paid at destination under terms of contract"

I assumed the postage was already paid for.
Community Updates
9 Comments
I would assume the same as you.
Apple normally send out a box in a self addressed and paid bag however they do mention to get proof of postage from the PO which has always been free I thought
Having said that, I have always gone for recorded or more likely special delivery because proof of postage means nothing to Apple if it gets lost
Yes, I agree.

You could check with Apple online.

You are right, it will be paid for by Apple when it arrives. I have send many faulty products back to tech companies in work using this method.

I think the postal worker might have made an error.
Why didn't you take it into the genius bar at your local apple shop as it's alot less hassle than posting it to them
Original Poster

Apple normally send out a box in a self addressed and paid bag however … Apple normally send out a box in a self addressed and paid bag however they do mention to get proof of postage from the PO which has always been free I thoughtHaving said that, I have always gone for recorded or more likely special delivery because proof of postage means nothing to Apple if it gets lost

Yes i have that box. Ill go back with her this time and point out the mistake to the snooty women behind the counter
Original Poster

Why didn't you take it into the genius bar at your local apple shop as … Why didn't you take it into the genius bar at your local apple shop as it's alot less hassle than posting it to them

Because i live in York and the nearest one is Sheffield.
Original Poster
Gone back and the postage was free as suspected. Even got a tracking receipt too
Apple lost my phone I had to contact the original owner and get a Proof of Purchase before they would help me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants