sending a ps3 game

Banned
How much should i be paying to send it first class recorded?

ive just paid £2.37

thanks a bit steep is it not?

ps i think the Post office are crooks

14 Comments

Stop sending them recorded. Your really getting no added benefit.

There insured if lost 'by' the postie.

Recorded just means you get a signature.

And if you can do it for less then £2 yourself then do so. Because it costs a lot of man hours and fuel etc.

Well it depends, because on ebay sellers overcharge most of the time but my guess for decent price would be £1.50/£2 but sometimesthey charge 3 quid :x but now many games are now FREE p&p on ebay ive seen recently :thumbsup:

gorskino10;6058605

Well it depends, because on ebay sellers overcharge most of the time but … Well it depends, because on ebay sellers overcharge most of the time but my guess for decent price would be £1.50/£2 but sometimesthey charge 3 quid :x but now many games are now FREE p&p on ebay ive seen recently :thumbsup:

New stupid rule on weight categorys.

Forgot to mention it ask for proof of postage.

yeahi usually pay around £1.40 for a game/dvd to be sent recorded.

Thye do it in the size of the package now and they have charged you for the next size up

Original Poster Banned

souljacker;6058708

yeahi usually pay around £1.40 for a game/dvd to be sent recorded.Thye do … yeahi usually pay around £1.40 for a game/dvd to be sent recorded.Thye do it in the size of the package now and they have charged you for the next size up

crooks! it was sent in a plastic grey bags

gonna email royal mail

hncb0809;6058751

crooks! it was sent in a plastic grey bagsgonna email royal mail

Yeah i would, it's happened to me before, they have a system that if it fits through a certain size letterbox type hole you get charged the standard letter rate but if it's bigger than that you get charged for it as a parcel, sometimes they don't check and just assume its to big for the letterbox

i pay 90pence to send a ps3 game or a dvd, and i get proof of postage

Original Poster Banned

souljacker;6058785

Yeah i would, it's happened to me before, they have a system that if it … Yeah i would, it's happened to me before, they have a system that if it fits through a certain size letterbox type hole you get charged the standard letter rate but if it's bigger than that you get charged for it as a parcel, sometimes they don't check and just assume its to big for the letterbox

they never checked but i wasnt arguing with a massive que lol

if it is more than 5mm thick it becomes a large letter and so is charged at the higher rate. all dvd's are classed as large letters

milly2306;6058852

if it is more than 5mm thick it becomes a large letter and so is charged … if it is more than 5mm thick it becomes a large letter and so is charged at the higher rate. all dvd's are classed as large letters

not in my post office they aren't

They have charged you "packet" rate (over 25mm depth - that would be one thick DVD case!) - you should have been charged Large Letter rate, which would have been £1.65

I sent 2 PS3 games last week 2nd class recorded, cost me about £1.65

dancrawley;6059008

They have charged you "packet" rate (over 25mm depth - that would be one … They have charged you "packet" rate (over 25mm depth - that would be one thick DVD case!) - you should have been charged Large Letter rate, which would have been £1.65

+1

Sometimes they just presume that it's going to the higher rate. Always get them to check it on the little guide they keep on the counter for size and thickness before weighing it :thumbsup:

£1.65 is what i pay for xbox360 games and ps3 games also dvd's. have sent a few over the last couple of weeks, having a clear out of my collection:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. LG Watch Style worth buying for £75?11
    2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News77
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764386
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33197

See more discussions