Sending an internal wood door via courier.

Found 26th Jun 2012
Have an internal wood door listed on ebay, i have it as collection only but have been asked if could send it via a courier.

Does anyone know the best way/courier to use. It's a 80x32 inch door. Weighs probably 15-20kgs.

14 Comments

Insane people you get on ebay (not you op). Search for heavy item courier on google.

Interparcel quoted about £80 with those dimensions and that is without insurance. Packaging would be a pain, all i can see is heartache if you decided to ship

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

unless the door is worth £100's do you really want the hassle of sending … unless the door is worth £100's do you really want the hassle of sending for a few quid

I know what you mean, that's why i had it for "collection only". I've emailed that person back saying if he's willing to pay for a courier then might as well arrange your own, i am sure that can be done.
Edited by: "earthlling" 26th Jun 2012

Original Poster

newbie1001

Interparcel quoted about £80 with those dimensions and that is without … Interparcel quoted about £80 with those dimensions and that is without insurance. Packaging would be a pain, all i can see is heartache if you decided to ship

i put those dimensions on parcelmoneky and got £12.75 plus VAT via nightfrieght.

earthlling

i put those dimensions on parcelmoneky and got £12.75 plus VAT via … i put those dimensions on parcelmoneky and got £12.75 plus VAT via nightfrieght.

Are you sure you didn't put in 80Cm instead of 80" which is 203CM

Original Poster

Lol yes i put 203x82x1 weight 20kg. comes to £12.75 + Vat. Nightfreight Next Day (Heavy or Large item service)
Edited by: "earthlling" 26th Jun 2012

1cm thick door???

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/very_angry_gif.gif

knew that gif WOOD come in handy one day.

Banned

If he arranges a courier then you may still have to package it. Tell him no its not possible for you to incur the extra cost of securely wrapping it for transit.

Ridiculous to expect an ordinary person to post a door.

Remington

If he arranges a courier then you may still have to package it. Tell him … If he arranges a courier then you may still have to package it. Tell him no its not possible for you to incur the extra cost of securely wrapping it for transit.Ridiculous to expect an ordinary person to post a door.

I know

Remington

If he arranges a courier then you may still have to package it. Tell him … If he arranges a courier then you may still have to package it. Tell him no its not possible for you to incur the extra cost of securely wrapping it for transit.Ridiculous to expect an ordinary person to post a door.

I KNOW!!

Damn! You've deleted one

Banned

Dear Buyer,

The post office didn't have a jiffy bag large enough to fit the door in, so I have bought 20 of their largest padded envelopes and have sawed the door into 20 rectangles to fit inside the bags.

As a gesture of goodwill I have included in one of the packets a tube of Unibond wood glue.

Many thanks for your purchase.

firm i work for makes composite front doors (not the same i know) we usually deliver but for distance jobs we send via night freight
the firm wouldnt use them if they wasnt cheap (plus im only talking the odd door so its not like we'd get a cheap rate) my opinion cardboard the faces with any old crap boxes and then bubble wrap it we've have no issues with damages

tell buyer to arrange nightfrieght/courier to pick up - take photos of it and let them worry about it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions