EXPIRED

Sending eBay item Overseas (Is Airsure the safest bet?)

I am sending slightly expensive eBay item to the USA and I am about to go with Airsure since it says its trackable but the recipient does not sign for the package. "Airsure items are electronically tracked to their destination, but are not signed for on delivery."

I am wondering if the buyer claims he/she never received the item and files a claim, would paypal accept Airsure as sufficient proof?

7 Comments

No, part of my job is sending mail & i would go for international signed for as it guarantees a signature on arrival . Here is your link to check it out :

royalmail.com/por…035

Original Poster

darren9030;5642889

No, part of my job is sending mail & i would go for international signed … No, part of my job is sending mail & i would go for international signed for as it guarantees a signature on arrival . Here is your link to check it out : http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400033&mediaId=400035

But I thought International Signed-for is worse off than Airsure for sending items oversea? "International Signed For items are electronically tracked only up to the point they leave the UK." Whereas, Airsure at least electronically track the items to the destination (whatever that means? lol).

Slash;5642899

But I thought International Signed-for is worse off than Airsure for … But I thought International Signed-for is worse off than Airsure for sending items oversea? "International Signed For items are electronically tracked only up to the point they leave the UK." Whereas, Airsure at least electronically track the items to the destination (whatever that means? lol).

Well i can only say from my experience international signed for has always been great. I know you can only track it until it leaves the UK but it is covered & does guarantee the signature. I have never had problems although i have only ever sent business items as opposed to personal.

Original Poster

darren9030;5642907

Well i can only say from my experience international signed for has … Well i can only say from my experience international signed for has always been great. I know you can only track it until it leaves the UK but it is covered & does guarantee the signature. I have never had problems although i have only ever sent business items as opposed to personal.

Thanks for giving your expertise with this. Definitely helpful, repped. BTW, if I wish to obtain the signature proof in the future, do I just go to the post office and they'll give me it?

EDIT: I just read more into International Signed for...it says "Delivery standards vary in other countries, so we are unable to guarantee delivery times and we cannot provide a copy of the signature obtained on delivery." They said they can't provide the signature obtained on delivery...but in your experience you can always provide it if requested?

Slash;5642908

Thanks for giving your expertise with this. Definitely helpful, repped. … Thanks for giving your expertise with this. Definitely helpful, repped. BTW, if I wish to obtain the signature proof in the future, do I just go to the post office and they'll give me it?EDIT: I just read more into International Signed for...it says "Delivery standards vary in other countries, so we are unable to guarantee delivery times and we cannot provide a copy of the signature obtained on delivery." They said they can't provide the signature obtained on delivery...but in your experience you can always provide it if requested?

I have never had an instance where i have had to check for signature as the mail has always arrived so unfortunately i couldn't give an honest answer on that last question.

Original Poster

Thanks for your inputs. I now know International Signed For does in fact get a signature despite Royal Mail saying they don't (I guess they are trying to cover their backs in case of accidents). I would assume ISF to send to a country like USA, then things should be find while other countries may not be worth the risk. But for value that are very high, its more assuring to go with courier.

Basically there seems no service available to send valuable electornic items with a particular stigma attached to mobile phones. No service guarantees signature or covers these items so , it looks like, sellers are walking a tight-rope when it comes to valuable electronics sent abroad
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
    2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
    3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
    4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions