sending FS items first

hi

Im selling some items on here and ive been asked to send items first as my feedback is very low. I totally understand where there coming from but its worrys me sending it first. has anyone else done this and was everything ok?

thanks

13 Comments

Banned

lots of sellers do this but please dont feel pressured into doing anything your not comfortable with

I have same worries and I have been a seller for ages, I think its pretty unfair really often did it on another forum for a cpu over £100 and person said it didnt work and wouldnt send me it back unless I sent him the special delivery costs first and that meant I was out of pocket twice.

I think its only fair to send things like cheap dvds first or maybe clothes anything of value I wouldnt do purely down to the fact that if they have your item without paying they can easily change mind or similar

I did this to start off but only to buyers with lots of good feedback and a high post count

Just check the sellers feedback and you'll get a good idea if they can be trusted or not.

Mod & Ed

it is quite standard practice, i've done it and asked others to, but would suggest you only send to people with a good amount of feedback and only positives, you may be better trying to sell a few lower price items first to build feedback up, and providing checkable feedback from other sites may help

Banned

Done it to start of with till I had some feedback , as long as the person you are selling to has a lot of feedback and has been on this site for years you'll be good.

It's completely up to you.
I 9 out of 10 times get members to do this whether they have been here for 1 day or 3 years.

If they don't want to, it's their choice.
If you decide to post 1st, get all their details, and check them.

its entirely YOUR choice-you can sell to whoever you like and by whatever method you want. It is common here for high feedback members to ask low feedback members to post first,but remember that is HIGH feedback members,not someone with 10 asking someone with 6 to post first-thats taking the mickey imho.

end of the day,your decision,altho it is true to say that if you dont you may struggle to get sales.

barky;8300996

its entirely YOUR choice-you can sell to whoever you like and by whatever … its entirely YOUR choice-you can sell to whoever you like and by whatever method you want. It is common here for high feedback members to ask low feedback members to post first,but remember that is HIGH feedback members,not someone with 10 asking someone with 6 to post first-thats taking the mickey imho.end of the day,your decision,altho it is true to say that if you dont you may struggle to get sales.

i was gonna say same as this ^^^ dont send to someone with low feedback themselves

Do you have Ebay feedback at all as that may help.

Make sure you get a landline number and ring the buyer to make sure it's Kosher:thumbsup:

barky;8300996

its entirely YOUR choice-you can sell to whoever you like and by whatever … its entirely YOUR choice-you can sell to whoever you like and by whatever method you want. It is common here for high feedback members to ask low feedback members to post first,but remember that is HIGH feedback members,not someone with 10 asking someone with 6 to post first-thats taking the mickey imho.end of the day,your decision,altho it is true to say that if you dont you may struggle to get sales.

this,

make sure you actually verify the contact information though

as people have said it's up to you, don't be pressured into doing it, it's not something i would do.

I would only post to someone with really high feedback and also get there address and landline number and give them a bell to confirm, Ive asked twice for something to be sent first before paying on members with no feedback and like everyone says it is upto you if you feel comfortable doing it but the people who ask this usually are decent members, be a bit cheeky for someone with loads of Negs asking.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions