Expired

Sending laptop via courier - need some suggestions

Found 22nd May 2013
Hi
I want to send a laptop via courier and seems like pardel2go and parcelforce are some options.

I am planning to wrap the laptop in lots of bubble warps and will mark the item as fragile.

Should I also be putting it in any cardboard box or can I put it normal palstic bag?

Any suggestions
Community Updates
10 Comments
Just imagine that whichever courier you choose will play football with your parcel for 90 minutes. Pack it so that it will emerge from the game intact. Marking the parcel fragile has no effect.
I sent 2 laptops via TNT, wrapped them really well with bubble wrap, then put them in carrier bags about 10, one on top of the other then made a sort of sleeve/box out of cardboard and scrumpled up more carrier bags inside the box so that it was a tight fit and the laptops didn't move at all, they arrived safely and buyers were pleased
I have sent laptops loads of times with tnt, aslong as they are packaged securely then you will have no problem
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I am trying to check rates for TNT and they are only giving option for next day delivery which is coming out to be around 38 pounds!! no options if i want it to be delivered after 2-3 days (thought this would be cheaper)

Also how are Hermes? any idea.

Once again thanks for your reponses. Reviews not great though
I use myhermes regularly for items over the Royal Mail small parcel limit. I pack very carefully and I've never had a problem with them.
Don't use parcel2go especially when you are changing the value to cover the cost of the laptop as they only cover for £20 and when you for example change it to £300 they charge you an extra £10 which takes it to about £24 or so. I recently used parcel monkey as I sent a computer using them through city link which was over 12kg and cost me £15 which was next day delivery and covered me for £300.
Original Poster
clo2010

Don't use parcel2go especially when you are changing the value to cover … Don't use parcel2go especially when you are changing the value to cover the cost of the laptop as they only cover for £20 and when you for example change it to £300 they charge you an extra £10 which takes it to about £24 or so. I recently used parcel monkey as I sent a computer using them through city link which was over 12kg and cost me £15 which was next day delivery and covered me for £300.

Thanks I just noticed that. Will check parcel monkey.
I have checked parcel monkey, but they say laptops/computers are "no-compensation basis" i.e. they won't cover for loss/damage
Edited by: "keerat565" 22nd May 2013
Yes did notice that myself and was worried about sending my computer but everything was ok but then it is something to think about as what if something did happen maybe try interparcel.com although never used them myself.
It will add to the overall weight, but when I dispatch a fragile item, I double pack it, boxed with good packing, then find a slightly larger box and pack it into that. If it is an expensive item, I have even photographed the item being packed, just in case a claim has to be made against the courier.
Original Poster
exbiker

It will add to the overall weight, but when I dispatch a fragile item, I … It will add to the overall weight, but when I dispatch a fragile item, I double pack it, boxed with good packing, then find a slightly larger box and pack it into that. If it is an expensive item, I have even photographed the item being packed, just in case a claim has to be made against the courier.

good suggestion of taking photgraphs. Will remember this while packaging
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants