Sending large boxes with pictures & product details on

I'm looking to sell my electric guitar & amp & bits.

I still have the original box that everything fits into, albeit a bit dusty. I have checked postage costs & it is only about £8 to send it on a 2-4 day courier which is very cheap considering the size & weight of it.

Anyway, the box has pictures of the guitar, amp etc on it & all the product details & what came in the box & what would be in it.

Would their be any problem sending it like this as it would wreck the box wrapping it in tape & would be a bugger to wrap in paper or something?

I would just tape up all the edges instead to ensure it didnt open.

It would be with DHL I think if it makes any difference.

Cheers
james

10 Comments

wrap it in brown paper? then atleast the people wont know what's in it

it should be fine - just make sure address is clearly on box and tape up l :)oads!

i dont think it matters, but could always entice people to pinch it, knowing what it is.
However cheap brown parcel type paper can be picked up cheaply if you felt better about wrapping it up.

Just remember to use lots of tape, securely.. should be enough, make sure the label address is clear as previous stated. wont cause confusion then.

Try a local packaging company or ebay, and get black pallet wrap clingfilm, costs about £4 a roll and is easy to use and lasts longer than brown paper.

*********.co.uk/Bla…tem

This sort of stuff. I get it locally for about £5 a roll

Link not working - ebay item Item number: 310077698303

When i have sent laptops out in the past in boxes that i couldnt disguise i have put a sticker on the box saying 'faulty for repair' to deter opportunist thieves.
I obviously explained to the recipient what i had done.

wolvesinwales;2841797

When i have sent laptops out in the past in boxes that i couldnt disguise … When i have sent laptops out in the past in boxes that i couldnt disguise i have put a sticker on the box saying 'faulty for repair' to deter opportunist thieves. I obviously explained to the recipient what i had done.

ha, good idea!

Wrap it in unopened black bags. They are cheap, strong & waterproof. If the box is big just tape a couple together.

we have sold quite a few guitars on ebay (my hubby is never happy for very long with his wins). we wrap in bubble wrap, then brown paper and then wrap it up in gaffer tape all over like its an egyptian mummy. we put our return address inside the guitar case and outside, including writing on the gaffer tape with a permanent marker. we post at post offfice and get it insured- its quite reasonable.
we have never had any problem with it being damaged or dissappearing in transit. however we did have a buyer say he had not recieved, but proof that he did recieve it, so he backed down. its worth getting it insured for both these reasons.
good luck with the wrapping, its a 2 man job.

Original Poster

Cheers for all the replies, I think Bin bags or the roll of bin bag material would be the best option :thumbsup:

Now I just have to sort out some pictures & decide on a price :lol:

Thansk alot

jamres
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona12
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764038
    3. Pink Balls24
    4. Avoiding the adds on the desktop client for the Spotify free account812

See more discussions