Sending money to USA for Xmas

Posted 1st Dec
Anybody know the easiest and cheapest way to transfer around $1000 to usa not including fees for xmas pressies? Need to send the dosh but I want the family to get the money not the powers that be.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Revolut
Azimo may be worth a look at. I would recommend looking into cryptocurrency too but not sure if family or yourself would be comfortable with it or if that relatively small transaction size would save any fees.
Edited by: "jamie15" 1st Dec
Be interested on a fee free card here as well as my revolut has expired
Could you not PayPal it?
MonkeyMan9001/12/2019 00:40

Could you not PayPal it?

That was my first thought but recipient does not have paypal
I've not used any of them. but Azimo on Quidco offer:

£28.75 cashback

for your first successful transfer of £150 or more
deleted1471098
Just buy US amazon vouchers. Tax free and last 10 years. They can buy way more stuff on amazon US than we can in the uk.
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 1st Dec
Try TransferWise. Fees are amongst the lowest, and transaction is fast. Just need recipients bank details.
psychobitchfromhell01/12/2019 01:52

I'd get them to set one up only takes 2 mins. Seems the most logical way to send it
I think revolut might be the best option. Only you need to set anything up and not the recipient. PayPal I think has some fees for money conversation and TransferWise (although much cheaper) still will loose you a little money compared to revolut.

There is always the option of cryptocurrency, but that would be a lot of learning and setting up if not familiar with. Probably not worth doing if you are both not enthusiasts already.
Edited by: "Andrisakins" 1st Dec
psychobitchfromhell01/12/2019 01:52

I would not recommend PayPal for $1000 USD. When you give PayPal that kind of money in 1 transaction they will hold it and mess you around, especially if the recipient just opened an account. PayPal do have a money sending service called Xoom which may be different.
Western Union, they can pick up the cash locally. Other similar services are available.
Revolut is also a good idea, I'm not a fan of them personally as customer service is horrible but it is completely free up to £5000
Edited by: "jamie15" 1st Dec
Thanks all. Many helpful suggestions.
Send it to me and I will ensure they get it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions