Sending package to america

9 replies
Found 2nd Apr 2008
Do the royal mail do this for a large letter around 300g, cant select america as an option on their website

Any help appreciated

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

I've sent dvds to the states, and never paid more than 3quid for the postage

royalmail.com/por…036 , certain services such as signed for are not availabel to the usa as they refuse them at US customs and send them back.

no problem - just take it to post office should cost about £3.70 - send it as a package dont for get cn22 sticker

Original Poster

holly100;1821026

no problem - just take it to post office should cost about £3.70 - send … no problem - just take it to post office should cost about £3.70 - send it as a package dont for get cn22 sticker

What is a cn22 sticker and how do i get one

Original Poster

t0mm;1821021

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/content1?catId=19100179&mediaId=19100242select USA

Cheers

rep added

[url]ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/cn22.pdf[/url]

CN22 form.

print it off

thfc andyp3;1821327

What is a cn22 sticker and how do i get one

It's a white sticky Customs label that you get from the post office and attach on the front of your parcel (in the bottom left) .

You can see an example on ]this page (don't worry about filling in the weight). You can even print out your own if you prefer, to fill in at home: [URL="ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/cn22.pdf"].pdf file[/URL]

You also need to make sure that your return address (including your name) is on the parcel (preferably in the top left), and that you attach a couple air mail stickers (also available from the PO).

Finally, depending on what you are sending it will either go as "Printed Papers" (Books, pamphlets, etc.), or "Small Packets" (any non-paper based items). You therefor have to write "Small Packets" or "Printed Papers" under the address.

Original Poster

Cheers for the assistance
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London34
    2. Is this expensive?1018
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed439
    4. Switch from BT to BT same property different person48

See more discussions