Sending stuff to USA

3 replies
Found 9th Jul 2006
Ok didn't know where to put this topic but here will do, my girlfriend is in New York and i wanna send her some gifts, well a teddy and some chocolates(she hates the American's chocolates and begged me to send her some Cadburys). Now i read the Royal Mail website but i am still confused, how am i going to send her this stuff. What do i need to do exactly, i am clueless.

  1. Misc
  1. Misc


I have to send chocolate all the time for my sister that lives there. All I do is

1 Get the weight of each item i.e. the teddy seperate and then the chocolate as one lump.
2 Parcel it all up,best to brown parcel paper the outer.
3 in the middle put the address for USA.
4 Top left put SMALL PACKET
5 You will have to declare the contents with a CN22 white sticker that you can get from the post office. On this declare it as a gift and fill in the items ie Teddy, weight in kgs and then price, choclate, weight and then price. Also sign it at the bottom.
6 Take it to the post office.

Dont forget the weight can not be more than 2000g which would cost £19.59 to send so keep it well under.

The link to the post office prices is


Look under Zone 1.

All the best

Original Poster

Thanks, i've sent the teddy and milk tray, hope she likes it. Probably take two or three days.

Someone sent me some American chocolate. Quite a lot of it in fact. I don't know how they put up with it!! Finally, something us Brits have got right.

Original Poster

Indeed, Cadbury's rule, my mouth waters as i think about the yummy milk chocolate.
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88
    2. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?32
    3. Driving anxiety.1517
    4. Xbox Newbie34

    See more discussions