Expired

sending to america cheapest delivery please,x

12 replies
Found 30th Jan 2010
thinking of sending a parcel to america any one advise me best way parcel will weight bout 2lbs and be quite small, thanks,x no more than £ 20 in value,x

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

£6.42 cheapest with rm

Original Poster

ahh thats great thanks,x and do i just put american addy on envelope and take to post office? lol yes i am that thick lol or do i do it online?

Yeh just the addy and say you want to send it to America via cheapest option

louiseb84;7705336

£6.42 cheapest with rm

Is this surface mail (approx 8 weeks delivery)?

LJM;7705457

Is this surface mail (approx 8 weeks delivery)?

Oops yeh, I didn't look at that bit, just the price:oops: A bit quicker will cost £12.26

louiseb84;7705471

Oops yeh, I didn't look at that bit, just the price:oops: A bit quicker … Oops yeh, I didn't look at that bit, just the price:oops: A bit quicker will cost £12.26

Yep - thats what I thought - surface mail takes forever!

I sent a surface mail parce to the US and it took three months! Air mail takes around 5-7 days unless its before Christmas when it can take up to three weeks, whatever they claim.

The price also depends on the shape of your parcel. I sent a pile of christmas cards to a friend i nthe US to re-send to others there, and it was expensive to post because Id piled them up then wrapped them. Had I put them in two piles side by side they would have fitted through the slot thing in the post office that allows them to go as a packet rather than a parcel... or something! The Royal Mail website has all the info on parcel dimensions. Good luck!

therealslimkaty;7705844

I sent a surface mail parce to the US and it took three months! Air mail … I sent a surface mail parce to the US and it took three months! Air mail takes around 5-7 days unless its before Christmas when it can take up to three weeks, whatever they claim. The price also depends on the shape of your parcel. I sent a pile of christmas cards to a friend i nthe US to re-send to others there, and it was expensive to post because Id piled them up then wrapped them. Had I put them in two piles side by side they would have fitted through the slot thing in the post office that allows them to go as a packet rather than a parcel... or something! The Royal Mail website has all the info on parcel dimensions. Good luck!

The slot thing is irrelevant for overseas post (its for Inland Mail only) so I cant understand how you had a problem. The shape is also irrelevant; its the overall dimensions that are taken into account. Also price is dependant upon weight, shape makes no difference! Not sure where you got all this info from!

LJM;7708578

The slot thing is irrelevant for overseas post (its for Inland Mail only) … The slot thing is irrelevant for overseas post (its for Inland Mail only) so I cant understand how you had a problem. The shape is also irrelevant; its the overall dimensions that are taken into account. Also price is dependant upon weight, shape makes no difference! Not sure where you got all this info from!

I got it from the woman in the local post office! She was stuffing my USA parcel through a slot and it wouldnt fit. So I got ripped off then... :x

therealslimkaty;7708819

I got it from the woman in the local post office! She was stuffing my USA … I got it from the woman in the local post office! She was stuffing my USA parcel through a slot and it wouldnt fit. So I got ripped off then... :x

Not saying you got ripped off - but the PO woman needs re-trained lol! Cant think why she would be stuffing a UsA parcel through the inland size guide/slot thingy!

Original Poster

so it would be around £13 for reasonable delivery time thanks guys,x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    2. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22
    3. What is gearbest like on warranty?78
    4. Whatsup number, confused33

See more discussions