Groups

sending xbox 360 to microsoft

my partners xbox 360 has started burning a scratch into discs, hes looked it up on the net and it says to send the xbox to microsoft to repair, we got the xbox from a friend a few months ago, can we still send it to microsoft as in the user manual it says you need the reciept, does anyone know or have sent theres back without the reciept, thanks

7 Comments

phone them to get the xbox registered in your name and they will advise from there

it goes by your first login to the network (Was for me)
    Mine was away or 5 repairs.
    Have 5 spare covers, must sell them on here.

1. If your friend registered it, unless you get them to ring up they wont want to know.
    2. If the MFU Date on the back is before 1st april 2008, its out of warranty and they won't want to know either unless you pay £60.
    3. You won't need a receipt, no.

Like Tom said, your best bet is to get your mate to phone up. Saying that, unless it's still within the one year warranty, your gonna have to pay for it to be fixed. Only if you get 3 red lights does the warranty extend to 3 years.

i didnt need a recipt when i sent mine back. however i did register the console to me (using the xbox website) that probably has something to do with it

if it is out of warrenty, you can tell tehm it's RROD and they still take it

Snare;4836931

if it is out of warrenty, you can tell tehm it's RROD and they still take … if it is out of warrenty, you can tell tehm it's RROD and they still take it

A friend of mine sent his back out of warranty and with no RROD. He had a problem with scratched disks too but they sent it back the same. From what I've read on Xbox.com is that the Xbox must show signs of the 3 red lights. Worth a try though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1734
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846238
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32183
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2437

See more discussions