Groups

Sense adware

I have somehow managed to get sense ads on my laptop and I have tried to uninstall it but says uninstall.exe has stopped working. Anyone know how to get rid of this please? Many thanks.

7 Comments

Download and run malwarebytes - think thats how its spelt

you tried malwarebytes? They also have anti-rootkit.
    A quick Google for 'sense adware removal' pretty much indicates it is malware, so I would think malwarebytes will do the job.

Original Poster

Thank you both! I have run malwarebytes and it seems to have stopped the pop up ads. I still can't uninstall it from my programmes though. I thought I was covered by my Norton 360 but obviously not! Thank you both again.

Col67

Thank you both! I have run malwarebytes and it seems to have stopped the … Thank you both! I have run malwarebytes and it seems to have stopped the pop up ads. I still can't uninstall it from my programmes though. I thought I was covered by my Norton 360 but obviously not! Thank you both again.

Do another scan with Malwarebytes. Make sure it's a FULL scan this time, the 'Quick Scan' doesn't always find everything.

If it still persists maybe have a go with ADWCLEANER

I had malware (conduit) ads popping up, second address bar etc, and just couldn't get rid. Malwarebytes would find it, do it's stuff, but then come straight back.

Using ADWcleaner totally got rid of it. (it's free)

Original Poster

Transformers

Do another scan with Malwarebytes. Make sure it's a FULL scan this time, … Do another scan with Malwarebytes. Make sure it's a FULL scan this time, the 'Quick Scan' doesn't always find everything.

I did a full scan and it did find it but I still can't uninstall it from the programmes.

Col67

I did a full scan and it did find it but I still can't uninstall it from … I did a full scan and it did find it but I still can't uninstall it from the programmes.

Try steps 1-3 here.

malwaretips.com/blo…al/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2111020
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814466
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671404
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2729

See more discussions