Expired

Sent item on ebay 2nd class signed for but buyer says he never received it what do i do?

Found 1st Nov 2013
I sent item on ebay 2nd class signed for on 23rd october and buyer says he has not got it the tracking says its been processed through there delivery network on 23rd october and that is it nothing about delivery! I know ebay says normally to refund the buyer but when i make my claim from royal mail it requires the buyers disclaimer to sign that he has not received the parcel so are you protected on ebay if you make the refund and he does not sign that he has not received this?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments
stop selling on ebay. rip off merchants allegedly
Wait a bit, being it has to be signed for if no one is home a sorry you are out card should have been left, if the buyer has not had one of them then royal mail have not tried to deliver it, worst case it should come back to you.
why don't you try to contact royal mail and explain your situation also they should be able to tell you who signed for the delivery or maybe even sent you a copy of it.

hopefully if they do then you can contact eBay & see what they'll say.
unfortunately this world is full of dishonest people.

good luck. :-)
It may not have got delivered, it is probably still somewhere in RM cyberspace, see if you can get the buyer to wait a few more days.
Cocklord

stop selling on ebay. rip off merchants allegedly

this.

gumtree / facebook local. less hassle.
have you tried to track the item with the tracking number?
The Royal Mail tracking system can take a while to be updated and sometimes it just doesn't get updated at all. You can't make a claim with Royal Mail until after 15 days and you shouldn't make the buyer wait that long for a refund. You could ask the buyer if they have checked at their local sorting office to see if it's there and contact Royal Mail yourself to find out what has happened to the parcel.

As it doesn't say it has been delivered/signed for you won't win an ebay case even though you have a tracking number.

If the system isn't updated and there's no sign of the parcel you will have to refund the buyer and claim from Royal Mail.
capriboycraig

this.gumtree / facebook local. less hassle.

My thoughts exactly
this has either been lost or posted without a signature either way you will have to wait to make a claim and then you will only get what you paid for it so if you sold it for a profit then goodbye profit.
Recorded delivery can be hit and miss with Royal Mail. The postmen sometimes post it without getting a signature or they don't leave a card to say they've been. I believe a recorded delivery can take up to 3 weeks to be returned if not collected. I would say ask the buyer to hold on for a bit longer and check at the sorting office.
sn0ttyang3l

Recorded delivery can be hit and miss with Royal Mail. The postmen … Recorded delivery can be hit and miss with Royal Mail. The postmen sometimes post it without getting a signature or they don't leave a card to say they've been. I believe a recorded delivery can take up to 3 weeks to be returned if not collected. I would say ask the buyer to hold on for a bit longer and check at the sorting office.

my thoughts excatly

if it was second class and posted on 23rd then its only just over a week so still possible it's in the RM system.

and yes you need to wait 15 working days to claim so basically three weeks!

but if the postman has just delivered the item through the buyers letterbox with no sig then you are basically screwed - sorry. Was it letterbox size?

if this is the case and the buyer is unscrupulous then they will claim non delivery and ask you to refund. And yes you are right - RM will only pay if the buyer signs a disclaimer to say they have not received it - and will the buyer sign such a disclaimer - you decide !!!

therefore RM signed for is never work the effort - either used a fully tracked service or just get a certificate of posting if it's a low value item, and cover the risk your self

EliTom
Banned
ROYAL MAIL are possibly the most corrupt company in the country. Horrible customer service and all foreign staff working in the sorting offices from agencies and minimum pay. Look at the undercover documentary online and see the European criminal gangs that operate within Royal Mail and handle the mail we send. Wish there was a cost effective and alternative option to RM.
Original Poster
elitom

my thoughts excatlyif it was second class and posted on 23rd then its … my thoughts excatlyif it was second class and posted on 23rd then its only just over a week so still possible it's in the RM system.and yes you need to wait 15 working days to claim so basically three weeks!but if the postman has just delivered the item through the buyers letterbox with no sig then you are basically screwed - sorry. Was it letterbox size?if this is the case and the buyer is unscrupulous then they will claim non delivery and ask you to refund. And yes you are right - RM will only pay if the buyer signs a disclaimer to say they have not received it - and will the buyer sign such a disclaimer - you decide !!!therefore RM signed for is never work the effort - either used a fully tracked service or just get a certificate of posting if it's a low value item, and cover the risk your selfEliTom

Thanks so much for the advice the parcel i sent was too big to get through his letterbox. and yeah that is true its been only just over a week he has been moaning on at me non stop! yet he wont go to his depot to see if its there. he is a bit sus as he took so long to pay me in the first place and didnt like it when i reported him for non payment!!! i also asked him if he would sign this disclaimer from royal mail and he just ignored it. your advice was very helpful thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants