Groups

Sent letter with address on but not recipients name!

I sent an important letter to someone whilst I was sleepy and put the address and stamp and posted. Then I realised I hadn't put the name of the recipient so only the address is on it! I'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about but still would like confirmation lol.

18 Comments

If it has the door number and post code it should get there. They only really want the postcode etc.

As long as the address is on it then it will arrive ok. Posties do not pay attention to names, they only read the house name/number and street.

Banned

Unless you sent it to a monastery. Then you've got no chance.

JonnyTwoToes;8271861

Unless you sent it to a monastery. Then you've got no chance.

Or a University.

Original Poster

Phew!

I really should have thought twice before staying up all night to watch the F1...:-D

Original Poster

DarkKnight;8271879

Or a University.

What?

So what would Royal Mail do with the letter?

The End;8271891

What?So what would Royal Mail do with the letter?

Well if it's a place with one address but loads of people in like a Uni, then i don't know.
    But if it's just a single house then you will be fine.

Banned

The End;8271891

What?So what would Royal Mail do with the letter?

Usually they open them, make numerous copies, and send to about 20 million random people in the hope that the right person may, just may, get it.

Original Poster

DarkKnight;8271905

Well if it's a place with one address but loads of people in like a Uni, … Well if it's a place with one address but loads of people in like a Uni, then i don't know.But if it's just a single house then you will be fine.

It was a house address. Looks like I'll be fine.

Banned

Since 2001 all unaddressed envelopes have been destroyed without opening.

Banned

lumoruk;8272072

That's a lie! See my above post for the truth!

barneybar;8271845

As long as the address is on it then it will arrive ok. Posties do not … As long as the address is on it then it will arrive ok. Posties do not pay attention to names, they only read the house name/number and street.

sometimes they don,t even pay attention to the house number and even street

Original Poster

Some of you here must be really bored today! :roll:

Original Poster

zenben10;8272203

sometimes they don,t even pay attention to the house number and even … sometimes they don,t even pay attention to the house number and even street

Lol. :-D

lumoruk;8272072

It isn't an unaddressed envelope though!

It'll arrive safely at the house,recipient's name isn't needed

Original Poster

grabbit;8272257

It isn't an unaddressed envelope though! It'll arrive safely at the … It isn't an unaddressed envelope though! It'll arrive safely at the house,recipient's name isn't needed

Ignore him and that Jonny guy the're just trying their best to make me believe them, in the misguided hope of deceiving me into accepting their silliness, so they can imagine the look on my face when I come to the realisation that what I posted, which was important, may never be seen again. FAIL!

If its a pretty coloured envelope, regardless if it has a name and correct it address, it may not reach its destination at all :whistling:

Banned

The End;8272303

Ignore him and that Jonny guy the're just trying their best to make me … Ignore him and that Jonny guy the're just trying their best to make me believe them, in the misguided hope of deceiving me into accepting their silliness, so they can imagine the look on my face when I come to the realisation that what I posted, which was important, may never be seen again. FAIL!

they fell for it didn't they.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 7 - What Case?613
      2. Beds55
      3. Jury service1519
      4. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother56

See more discussions