Sent this to Amazon as a suggestion... What do you think?

Posted 26th Mar
I'd noticed you are bulk selling toilet rolls and they are multiple multi-pack which you can separate. To moderate panic buying you could make pre fabricated survival kits for homes of different sizes/prices. Meaning a box of essentials that are priced starting at £20 to get delivery included and include things as a 9 pack of toilet rolls, a hand sanitiser, dog/cat food or litter, tinned meat/fish/veg... Etc...

They could be pre packed and based on a house/family size which would also mean you would only allow 1 delivery per address per month to control panic buying while also making a profit as you own these items and are currently selling them in bulk to the public which is a very bad idea... especially in PR terms for your company... This would in turn give you a PR marketing campaign which you could Email customers and advertise on your front page.

This business model could be rolled out across every country you operate in the world and help a lot of lives.

Amazon sent an postal address to this as a response, so I wanted to know if anyone thought knew of a quicker way to contact them.

It just seems insane that they have warehouses full of bulk buy and could be making these up themselves and selling them, especially when you can order to send to a relative who is elderly / vulnerable.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
I can hear their delete button from here.
Amazon is a business, not a feel-good charity.

Yes, I'm pessimistic.
There is no shortage of anything, we just have to deal with some irresponsible people.
22 Comments
Amazon is a business, not a feel-good charity.

Yes, I'm pessimistic.
MadeDixonsCry26/03/2020 12:33

Amazon is a business, not a feel-good charity.Yes, I'm pessimistic.

LOL... I know that's why I tried to present it as a business model not a giveaway.
And, I think you're a realist not pessimistic.
Edited by: "Jenny_Star15" 26th Mar
I can hear their delete button from here.
This is how all supermarkets should be doing. But they won’t...
There is no shortage of anything, we just have to deal with some irresponsible people.
Oh Karen!
Buckyball26/03/2020 12:44

There is no shortage of anything, we just have to deal with some …There is no shortage of anything, we just have to deal with some irresponsible people.

That's what I was going for. As Amazon uses accounts they can moderate to flow of sales.
They could still make a profit but the PR they would get would last years and worldwide.
a CEO who didn't understand the value of PR on that scale should be sacked.
To be fair there is nothing stopping anyone doing this and selling on the amazon market place.
Jenny_Star1526/03/2020 12:56

That's what I was going for. As Amazon uses accounts they can moderate to …That's what I was going for. As Amazon uses accounts they can moderate to flow of sales.They could still make a profit but the PR they would get would last years and worldwide.a CEO who didn't understand the value of PR on that scale should be sacked.

I bet Jeff Bezos' heart is bleeding right now. The only people laughing in this pandemic are the CEOs of supermarkets!
Jenny_Star1526/03/2020 12:57

LOL... Who's Karen???

richp26/03/2020 13:17

I'm not directing this at you in anyway but just a heads up for you. …I'm not directing this at you in anyway but just a heads up for you. Karen.

HA HA HA!
It’s good your thinking of ways to help, but if it was profitable they would already be doing it...
Erudite26/03/2020 14:11

Comment deleted

Have you looked for that... Just to make a joke.
LOL... Add one of these... Like in Dumb and Dumber when he sends him to the shop with the last of their money... amazon.co.uk/EXT…CC2
Edited by: "Jenny_Star15" 26th Mar
Don't get me wrong it is a good idea but it's not as simple as you believe.
Warehouse management systems are mostly geared towards full cases. You need a change to allow stock to be held at it's lowest denominator, change to the voice picking or RF picking tasks to handle splits, new DB flags at the product level to say if it is a splittable or not item. Picker wise, training on the spiltable flag, this can also be difficult as some of these items are already split say like Sanitiser which comes in an outer with 12 packs of 6 inside, then asking them to take one of them out and only pick one single bottle (leads to lots of picking mistakes and loss of inventory). New payments or productivity workstudies to figure out the pack targets to allow the picker time to take out of packaging (it's easier to pick a full case). New inventory control screens/processes for cycle counting to include cases and splits rather than case only. Messy pickfaces because they have a mixture of splits and full cases,which decreases picking productivity, increased cleaning required to handle the plastic wastage from taking off the outer case wrappings. The list is rather massive not to mention also the dev time, UAT of system changes and roll out across multiple DC's on something which affects core systems! It is alot easier to handle for supermarkets as they are already geared into picking at the consumer unit level.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 26th Mar
Amazon= suck you in and gobble up all your money!
cecilmcroberts26/03/2020 15:49

Don't get me wrong it is a good idea but it's not as simple as you …Don't get me wrong it is a good idea but it's not as simple as you believe. Warehouse management systems are mostly geared towards full cases. You need a change to allow stock to be held at it's lowest denominator, change to the voice picking or RF picking tasks to handle splits, new DB flags at the product level to say if it is a splittable or not item. Picker wise, training on the spiltable flag, this can also be difficult as some of these items are already split say like Sanitiser which comes in an outer with 12 packs of 6 inside, then asking them to take one of them out and only pick one single bottle (leads to lots of picking mistakes and loss of inventory). New payments or productivity workstudies to figure out the pack targets to allow the picker time to take out of packaging (it's easier to pick a full case). New inventory control screens/processes for cycle counting to include cases and splits rather than case only. Messy pickfaces because they have a mixture of splits and full cases,which decreases picking productivity, increased cleaning required to handle the plastic wastage from taking off the outer case wrappings. The list is rather massive not to mention also the dev time, UAT of system changes and roll out across multiple DC's on something which affects core systems! It is alot easier to handle for supermarkets as they are already geared into picking at the consumer unit level.

I don't believe you... You didn't mention Health and safety once... NOT ONCE!
New forms would have to made, then approved, staff trained to fill them out...
This is racism... Pure and simple... Red tape hate crime.
Jenny_Star1526/03/2020 17:31

I don't believe you... You didn't mention Health and safety once... NOT …I don't believe you... You didn't mention Health and safety once... NOT ONCE!New forms would have to made, then approved, staff trained to fill them out...This is racism... Pure and simple... Red tape hate crime.

Lol
Why oh why do idiots bulk buy toilet roll and bottled water ? Do they not realise how stupid it is? For what reason do you need massive amounts of toilet roll and tissues, the general symptoms are a dry cough and flu like symptoms. As for water, is the stuff out of the taps contaminated?
I'm with you Jenny, please let us know how you get on with your Improvement suggestion to Amazon.
Best of luck
thisismark27/03/2020 21:57

I'm with you Jenny, please let us know how you get on with your …I'm with you Jenny, please let us know how you get on with your Improvement suggestion to Amazon.Best of luck

I sent it in and got an almost instant response... You couldn't make it up!!!
They said all business proposals have to be made in writing and sent by post.
So I'm thinking either it's because they need a full business plan AND/OR they'll "Lose in the post" all the ones from joe public who can't afford a solicitor... Wink wink.

I replied and said it's not a business proposal it's to help people avoid panic buying and send relatives who can't get out essentials.

But they still just said by post... Hang on I'll just go out to buy the forms... Oh no, wait... WE'RE IN LOCKDOWN!!!!

I agree with someone tv.... When this is over people are gonna remember the companies who exploited people and I will only use amazon if I have to.
Yes defo will cancel my Prime now. I will let them know why as well.
At least you tried.. A lot more than they have.
Thanks and stay safe
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants