Groups

Serenity - best sci-fi movie ever!?!

I know I'm not the only sci-fi geek here, what do people think of this?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stmnews.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

Serenity probably makes my top 5 sci-fi films of the 2000s, but best ever, better than The Matrix, Star Wars, Bladerunner and Alien?

12 Comments

Extra Turestrial ? (E.T) ?

I bet if they run the poll in five years time the balance will have re-shifted. There's no way Serenity is the best sci-fi film of all time.

I don't agree it's the best sci-fi film ever, not compared to the series anyway. A lot of those voters were probably fans of the series, so may be biased! I didn't think the film was that popular, and it certainly wasn't massive at the cinema.

But it was great... don't get me wrong, i really enjoyed it

[SIZE=2]Enjoyed the film, really enjoyed the series, but the film is not the greatest sci-fi film of all time :roll: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Johnnypanic[/SIZE]

Great film but not the greatest.:)

the kind of geek to read that magazine would love it but people who like film in general wouldnt rate it so high. It wasn't bad, but there is a lot of far better scifi... Did have Chiwetel Ejiofor in though, I'd like to see him in more films.

great film better series but best sci- fi no way
    (And im a huge fan of the serries)

I'm the same as most people,. I really like Serenity but definitely not the best sci-fi ever especially as it doesn't stand on its own - you really need to have seen the series to properly appreciate the film.

John

Johnmcl7

I'm the same as most people,. I really like Serenity but definitely not … I'm the same as most people,. I really like Serenity but definitely not the best sci-fi ever especially as it doesn't stand on its own - you really need to have seen the series to properly appreciate the film.John

disagree with that, I've not seen the series and I think I got a pretty good grasp of what was going on - they didn't spoon-feed it or anything but it jumped right into the action and took the viewer with it.

Still do plan on watching the series at some point though

the flm makes me wonder what the character development would have been like if the series hadn't been pulled.
    still need to know more about shepard though

What a bad film that was, one of the worst I have ever seen.......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie911
      2. love affairs912
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?817
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions