1. Misc
43 Comments

Original Poster

Father Christmas or Santa Clause

You choose?

Father Christmas......everytime:thumbsup:

depends if you're english or not.
Or, if you've been too "Americanized"

Father Christmas, but Santa is easier for typing.

Kris Kringle

Another question: Clause or Claus

Father Christmas

i would have either, they both good looking.

Saint Nick!

in before "why so serious"

Santa

Father Christmas

Imaginary!!!!!

Lmfao!

Original Poster

Yes! :-D... When people say santa clause it does my nut in.

Father Christmas all the way lol

Original Poster

Goonieman;3657903

Kris Kringle

vengod;3657930

Santa

FAIL

Santa Claus, its closer to the original Dutch 'Sinterklaas' which is connected to Saint Nicholas who is the patron saint of children and is where we get the gift giving tradition from.

Seems more appropriate than 'Father Christmas' which has more connections to pagan festivals than anything to do with present giving or children or families.

Father Christmas

chrishill;3657993

Santa Claus, its closer to the original Dutch 'Sinterklaas' which is … Santa Claus, its closer to the original Dutch 'Sinterklaas' which is connected to Saint Nicholas who is the patron saint of children and is where we get the gift giving tradition from.

arnt you boring?

jokes

MinstrelMan;3658035

arnt you boring?jokes

nope, just pedantic :thumbsup:

Mum & Dad

Has to the the sanity clause :w00t:

Original Poster

chrishill;3657993

Santa Claus, its closer to the original Dutch 'Sinterklaas' which is … Santa Claus, its closer to the original Dutch 'Sinterklaas' which is connected to Saint Nicholas who is the patron saint of children and is where we get the gift giving tradition from. Seems more appropriate than 'Father Christmas' which has more connections to pagan festivals than anything to do with present giving or children or families.

:lazy:

santa

King of Thieves;3658079

:lazy::p

well you did ask! :santa:

Original Poster

chrishill;3658102

well you did ask! :santa:

Only pulling your leg mate, if you want to say Santa Clause or even Sinterklaas then feel free.
'ere, ave a pressie :gift:

King of Thieves;3658128

Only pulling your leg mate,

me next, me next! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;3658140

me next, me next! :thumbsup:

Which leg. Left, right or third?

Babbabooey;3657896

depends if you're english or not.Or, if you've been too "Americanized"

What if your scottish ?

i personally say santa

scotland88;3658443

What if your scottish ? i personally say santa

Then you've been Americanized.

Babbabooey;3658448

No i havent been anything ized! I jst say what i have always said!!

Babbabooey;3658448

:lol: over a few too many peoples head that

scotland88;3658465

No i havent been anything ized! I jst say what i have always said!!

where do you think the term "Santa" comes from?

Officially with the kids, Father Christmas, but if we're just talking quick about him we call him Santa because it's easier to say - that's what my 7yr old daughter informs me anyway!!

Babbabooey;3658484

where do you think the term "Santa" comes from?

The name Santa Claus came from the Dutch version of the name, "Sint Klaas" or "Sinterklaas,"

I think you will find THAT is where it came from !

But you don't say "Sint Klaas" or "Sinterklaas" do you? You say S A N T A, which comes from over the pond.

Babbabooey;3658581

But you don't say "Sint Klaas" or "Sinterklaas" do you? You say S A N T … But you don't say "Sint Klaas" or "Sinterklaas" do you? You say S A N T A, which comes from over the pond.

no i say santa which comes from my mum who raised me! your such a strange person, arguing over something so insignificant! dont you have anything better to do with yourself ?

oh and it doesnt come from over the pond !!! It comes from the ENGLISH TRANSLATION!!! so their you go!

scotland88;3658616

no i say santa which comes from my mum who raised me! your such a strange … no i say santa which comes from my mum who raised me! your such a strange person, arguing over something so insignificant! dont you have anything better to do with yourself ?oh and it doesnt come from over the pond !!! It comes from the ENGLISH TRANSLATION!!! so their you go!

Lol, you're funny, you seem incapable of accepting that you're wrong.
You are the one who's arguing, I made a post and you argued back.

and someone with 2444 posts in 10 months ala you is obviously a busy busy person :whistling:

:

Babbabooey;3658654

Lol, you're funny, you seem incapable of accepting that you're wrong. … Lol, you're funny, you seem incapable of accepting that you're wrong. You are the one who's arguing, I made a post and you argued back.and someone with 2444 posts in 10 months ala you is obviously a busy busy person :whistling:

:?

Babbabooey;3658654

Lol, you're funny, you seem incapable of accepting that you're wrong. … Lol, you're funny, you seem incapable of accepting that you're wrong. You are the one who's arguing, I made a post and you argued back.and someone with 2444 posts in 10 months ala you is obviously a busy busy person :whistling:

:roll:

The American version of St. Nicholas, or Santa Claus originally came from the Dutch version called Sint Klaas. The Dutch settlers in New Amsterdam (New York) brought this fun and lively tradition (some even say cult) to America.

You lose, go home, farewell
:roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ps4 pro or xbox one x1010
    2. Gift Idea for a new mum (i'm terrible at gifts)22
    3. Cost effective damp proof laminate underlay58
    4. Ps4 pro or Xbox one x39

See more discussions