Groups

Seriously amazing repair bill for a Nissan GTR cracked bumper!

Banned
    Don;t think I'll be buying a GTR!

22 Comments

Banned

And I thought the £200 charge to change the dshboard lightbulb was a rip off in my old Vauxhall Zafira!

That reminds me..... I really must get round to sticking the car on the market!

Original Poster Banned

guv;6885011

And I thought the £200 charge to change the dshboard lightbulb was a rip … And I thought the £200 charge to change the dshboard lightbulb was a rip off in my old Vauxhall Zafira!That reminds me..... I really must get round to sticking the car on the market!

And I guess that was an MOT failure too!

drive expensive cars, have expensive costs

Banned

csiman;6885033

Yup... since it displays the mph figures.

Top thread; Expensive cars cost a lot to repair, what next?

Jumpingphil;6885298

I consider myself a fairly competent driver, I can drive reasonably … I consider myself a fairly competent driver, I can drive reasonably quickly on a circuit, and read the road ahead enough to make good progress on the public highway.I would say that was a lie then.:w00t:I would also imagine most peeps can drive reasonably quickly on a circuit where you don't get oncoming traffic, or roundabouts or traffic lights and can use all the road.:thumbsup:

Totally pointless mate.

Original Poster Banned

Trickyjabs;6885305

Top thread; Expensive cars cost a lot to repair, what next?

Not quite up to your standard :whistling:

hotukdeals.com/ite…-he

csiman;6885411

Not quite up to your standard

Glad you recognise the fact! :w00t:

11k???

They have Nissan come out and repair it on the spot???

ClarityofMind;6885719

11k???They have Nissan come out and repair it on the spot???

when the car starts from £65000 new, what do you expect :roll:

Alfonse;6885742

when the car starts from £65000 new, what do you expect :roll:

Never had a car worth that much!!!

:? amazing :?

Original Poster Banned

black gerbil1;6887035

this, coz i went so fast in my bmw, and did heavy breaking, they cost me … this, coz i went so fast in my bmw, and did heavy breaking, they cost me 5k to replace the breaks .

yeah right - I think if a part cost me £5000 to repair, I'd forever know how to spell it right :giggle:

csiman;6885033

nope, you do not have to have the mileage displayed, its not part of the mot, ive tested plenty of cars with the digital mileage not displayed & the biggest ones are the vauxhalls with the dash bulb gone. If i have one where i cant read it i just click the mileage not displayed box :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;6888084

only 5:roll:

WOW! You can count! :w00t:

black gerbil1;6887945

are you awear I have a medical condtion that causes me to be that way

Acute Bullcrapia or ASD?

Jumpingphil;6888887

I do believe he was talking about the M.P.H. figures, so he wouldn't be … I do believe he was talking about the M.P.H. figures, so he wouldn't be able to tell what speed he was going.I would have thought that was a failure.:thumbsup:

a speedo that isnt working isnt an mot failure either :thumbsup:

But it is part of the construction and use regulations !

Banned

rodent;6887945

are you awear I have a medical condtion that causes me to be that way

You have a medical condition that causes you to be a troll? Original, I'll give you that.

csiman;6888601

WOW! You can count! :w00t:

Not very well. Should be 6. :thumbsup: (I think he's referring to the number of reports he's made BTW.)

richp;6888492

nope, you do not have to have the mileage displayed, its not part of the … nope, you do not have to have the mileage displayed, its not part of the mot, ive tested plenty of cars with the digital mileage not displayed & the biggest ones are the vauxhalls with the dash bulb gone. If i have one where i cant read it i just click the mileage not displayed box :thumbsup:

So how do you record the mileage to put down on the MOT if nothing is displayed?

I was told it was definitely a failure if that couldn't be recorded. Lets face it, the speedo could be disconnected and no mileage recorded.

guv;6889537

So how do you record the mileage to put down on the MOT if nothing is … So how do you record the mileage to put down on the MOT if nothing is displayed?I was told it was definitely a failure if that couldn't be recorded. Lets face it, the speedo could be disconnected and no mileage recorded.

its definitely not a failure, if its not displayed we are given the option to put not displayed on the certificate.

i do a car thats had the same mileage on it for the last 2 mot tests, if the speedo is disconnected then its disconnected, its not the mot testers worry.

a disconnected speedo will come under the Construction & use regs, which is a different set of rules..

Banned

richp;6889739

its definitely not a failure, if its not displayed we are given the … its definitely not a failure, if its not displayed we are given the option to put not displayed on the certificate.i do a car thats had the same mileage on it for the last 2 mot tests, if the speedo is disconnected then its disconnected, its not the mot testers worry.a disconnected speedo will come under the Construction & use regs, which is a different set of rules..

It is illegal to be on the road without a working speedo right?

Thanks for removing the trolling post mods. :thumbsup:

As far as I'm aware it is an offence to drive without a working speedometer, I can't find the car legislation but here it is for motorbikes:

3.6. Speedometers

Every motorcycle first used on or after 1 April 1984 and capable of more than 25 mph must have a speedometer which reads in both miles per hour and kilometres per hour either simultaneously or separately by the use of a switch. A speedometer which is approved to Community Directives 75/443/EEC as amended by 97/39/EC, 2000/7/EC or to UNECE Regulation No.39 is acceptable.
    dft.gov.uk/pgr…564

I believe it's a non-endorsable fine and it's no defence to driving over the speed limit although strangely I'm fairly sure the above comments are correct about it not being an MOT failure if it's not working.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553749
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1842
      3. CCleaner software compromised by hackers1525
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313798

See more discussions