seriously what is the matter with some people

Found 22nd MarEdited by:"missismop"
why couldnt he have just waited like normal people do

bbc.co.uk/new…ory
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I agree. Maybe they should be given very harsh punishments. It’s disgusting behaviour.

Even better ban them from Driving a considerable amount of time.
16 Comments
I agree. Maybe they should be given very harsh punishments. It’s disgusting behaviour.

Even better ban them from Driving a considerable amount of time.
pricesavvy1 m ago

I agree. Maybe they should be given very harsh punishments. It’s d …I agree. Maybe they should be given very harsh punishments. It’s disgusting behaviour. Even better ban them from Driving a considerable amount of time.

they should, its disgusting
Selfish people who think the world revolves around them. Fortunately I think there's more decent kind people around then there are idiots
LeahsMintytoutou11 m ago

Selfish people who think the world revolves around them. Fortunately I …Selfish people who think the world revolves around them. Fortunately I think there's more decent kind people around then there are idiots

I know, driving round in slow diesel vans and then parking inconsiderately. Shocking!
Ambulances should and do have priority over other vehicles.

People should follow the wisdom already written...

Rule 219 of the Highway Code states that drivers should “look and listen for ambulances, fire engines, police, doctors or other emergency vehicles using flashing blue, red or green lights and sirens or flashing headlights, or traffic officer and incident support vehicles using flashing amber lights.”

When you see an emergency vehicle approaching with its lights flashing, consider the route that vehicle is likely to take and, if necessary, take appropriate action to let it pass.

If necessary, pull to the side of the road and stop, but avoid doing this on a bend, narrow section of road or before the brow of a hill.

Even when you're in the middle of letting an emergency vehicle pass through it is vital to continue obeying all nearby traffic signs.

Also avoid mounting the kerb, braking harshly on the approach to a junction or roundabout, and avoid any other action that could endanger pedestrians or other road users. You will still be liable to prosecution if you break any motoring laws even if you’re only doing so to allow an emergency vehicle to pass by.

Rules for emergency vehicles

While other drivers have to do their part to avoid breaking any laws while letting an emergency vehicle through, these emergency vehicles have responsibilities too. There are in fact laws to prevent drivers of emergency vehicles from forcing other road users into any illegal manoeuvres.

For instance, drivers of emergency vehicles are meant to turn their siren off at junctions where the traffic light is red. This is to avoid prompting other drivers to run a red light, which is illegal under any circumstances.

While drivers of emergency vehicles are not obligated to be trained beyond a normal driving licence, most emergency services will insist on having their drivers undergo some level of advanced driver courses. Also, official training is required anyway if a police, ambulance or fire engine driver wants exemption from speed limits when necessary.
GAVINLEWISHUKD7 m ago

I know, driving round in slow diesel vans and then parking …I know, driving round in slow diesel vans and then parking inconsiderately. Shocking!

We are talking about ambulances here you know
dealing with emergencies which could be life or death. I wouldn't care if they parked up against my front door if they were saving lives!
I live down a narrow one way street that was blocked by an ambulance the other day. As I needed to be somewhere I just went out the street the other way (have had to do the same when wide lorries have gotten stuck in the past, and yes I am aware that it’s naughty to go the wrong way, but needs must). if I didn’t have the oppotunity to get out another way, I wouldn’t dream of honking as I am aware they are likely trying to save a life and it is more important than me making an appointment or whatever.

The the article does not mention how the ambulance was in their way so there is a possibility that they could have taken another route, but even if not their behaviour was unacceptable. It’s like the similar incident where that woman gave paramedics abuse because they parked in front of her house despite the fact she doesn’t even drive
it happens waaayyy more often than you think, if you talk to emergency service workers they all have a story or two.

I was told one about someone getting out their car moving police road block signs and trying to drive through the incident.
Me and a another car were blocked in by fire engines a few months ago too (my sister lives in a village and on my way to drop her home there had just been a big crash on the main road through) it was about 2 minutes from her house so I parked up and helped her home as she had stuff to carry. When I got back to my car it was blocked in by fire engines that arrived (had to cut a driver out, I hope he was ok) and was trapped for quite a while. I did go back to my sisters for an hour to wait it out but was still stuck when I went back. It was late on a school night but not once did I feel angry or whatever, I was more concered for the lad that needed cutting out as he was trapped for a couple of hours. The lady from the other car that was blocked in by the fire engines didn’t complain either. We just waited for them to do their job so that we were free to go
I hope they prosecute this person, as far as I know it is illegal to use a car horn when stationary or in retaliation to an annoyance.
He should have been arrested
LeahsMintytoutou3 h, 16 m ago

We are talking about ambulances here you know We are talking about ambulances here you know dealing with emergencies which could be life or death. I wouldn't care if they parked up against my front door if they were saving lives!

Some people don't have common sense Leah
karma will get them
I would let them park on my drive as well as taking them a cuppa and some biscuits. What the hell is wrong with this country it’s gone downhill fast no respect for anything or anyone
Jumpingphil5 h, 6 m ago

No they don't. Get your facts right.As for "Flashing Amber Lights", how …No they don't. Get your facts right.As for "Flashing Amber Lights", how many times have you seen a scrap metal van, or similar, being driven with its amber lights flashing? WTF for?

Yeah, you're correct too.
All emergency vehicles should be fitted with forward and backward facing cameras and there should be more support for drivers to report incidents experienced on their own dash cams. An independent body who could analyse footage and apply fines where applicable would pay for itself and restore some order on the roads.

Last time I tried to report an incident I spent several hours in the police station, their email service is unable to receive significant sized footage (less than 100Mb), I was then made to make a statement - hand in a USB drive with the footage and now I need to wait who knows how long as the case may or may not go to court (possibly up to or beyond a year)...

Way too long winded for most and with not enough traffic police to stop this kind of behavior.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants