Groups

servicing my car

my vauxhall corsa is due it's third service from being new and also due it's first mot. hopefully I am going to trade it in and get another car just after. do I need a full service or do I need an interim service?

14 Comments

I am no car expert, but why not just trade it in before having to fork out for the MOT and service?

You need to give more detail - mileage, engine etc.

Pretty sure Vauxhall's website would have this info or your service manual in the car.

It only "needs" what you choose to give it. Some service items may be beneficial to MoT; any service cost may or may not be recovered in the resale value; however, some form of service will likely make the car more attractive than a similar car in similar condition but without a service.

engine and mileage specific, if you are planning to trade it in anyway I suggest you do it now to avoid an expense

Original Poster

1.0l with about 12500

try to get the cheapest service and mot possible
    Reason the dealer will look at your car and if they are going to resell it within the dealership they will deduct the cost of an mot and service from the px price as many dealers will do

are corsa really that bad at the age and mileage I would assume it goes through mot at the cheapest place u can find probably 25 quid

with no additional costs on it

normally you go small service, big service, small service big service etc so i would imagine you just need small one?

Oil and filter interim service. 0.9 hours is the book time hope this helps

Original Poster

thanks very helpful

sorry to jump on your thread here but been looking for advice on my vauxhall meriva. it's only a year old and it's due it's first service. Should I go with the dealer or an independent garage? we plan to trade it in for a new one when its 3 year warranty runs out. thanks in advance.

With only 12,500 miles and two services already, ellie27's advice seems good. Any reputable dealer should be giving it a checkover/service before it's sold anyway.

truevine

sorry to jump on your thread here but been looking for advice on my … sorry to jump on your thread here but been looking for advice on my vauxhall meriva. it's only a year old and it's due it's first service. Should I go with the dealer or an independent garage? we plan to trade it in for a new one when its 3 year warranty runs out. thanks in advance.

Independent. I use genuine parts as do most if its in warranty so itll be cheaper for you that way
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1016
      2. Decent VR setup under £120011
      3. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?11
      4. Buying an iPhone second hand33

See more discussions