Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Servicing of lease car

Posted 11th Nov
I have left this to the last minute and waiting on an email back from the finance company but wondered if anyone has experience. I have a 3 year lease with ALD Automotive and my car is due it's first service. The guide book says I must use an approved dealer. Does this mean an official Vauxhall garage or can I use the local garage I have always used. My friend is with a different company but he just had to use a VAT registered garage.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
alankfc0211/11/2019 11:56

Calm down. No one is answering the phone and I'm restricted when I can …Calm down. No one is answering the phone and I'm restricted when I can phone as I'm at work.

Trust me, I'm calm. Couldn't care less if you sort this out or not.

If you had time to create this post, and replies, you had time to call.

I just called them to prove a point - took 28 second to get through to the correct department (option 4).

08000 32 32 77
Edited by: "adam_holcombe" 11th Nov
16 Comments
What does your contract say?

Not a single person on here can tell you the answer.

**Some** lease agreements allow servicing at non-main dealers. As an example, my contract with VWFS (for my Audi) states it must be main-dealer.
and from ALD's website:

It is our policy to use the Manufacturers approved dealer network when carrying out servicing and repairs to your vehicle. We have a strong partnership with dealer groups and main dealers to ensure there is sufficient coverage for servicing your vehicle. If you wish to confirm whether your local dealer can provide and ALD approved maintenance service, please call our team on 08000 32 32 77.
adam_holcombe11/11/2019 11:37

What does your contract say?Not a single person on here can tell you the …What does your contract say?Not a single person on here can tell you the answer. **Some** lease agreements allow servicing at non-main dealers. As an example, my contract with VWFS (for my Audi) states it must be main-dealer.

The guide book just say approved dealer.
alankfc0211/11/2019 11:39

The guide book just say approved dealer.

Set aside the guide book. What does your contractual lease agreement state ?
AndyRoyd11/11/2019 11:42

Set aside the guide book. What does your contractual lease agreement state …Set aside the guide book. What does your contractual lease agreement state ?

Misplaced it but will have a good look for it tonight.
alankfc0211/11/2019 11:45

Misplaced it but will have a good look for it tonight.

Or, you could call them?

Struggle to undestand HUKD's apparent problem with members not being able to use a telephone!
adam_holcombe11/11/2019 11:50

Or, you could call them? Struggle to undestand HUKD's apparent problem …Or, you could call them? Struggle to undestand HUKD's apparent problem with members not being able to use a telephone!

Or, you could call them? Struggle to undestand HUKD's apparent problem …Or, you could call them? Struggle to undestand HUKD's apparent problem with members not being able to use a telephone!

Calm down. No one is answering the phone and I'm restricted when I can phone as I'm at work.
alankfc0211/11/2019 11:56

Calm down. No one is answering the phone and I'm restricted when I can …Calm down. No one is answering the phone and I'm restricted when I can phone as I'm at work.

Trust me, I'm calm. Couldn't care less if you sort this out or not.

If you had time to create this post, and replies, you had time to call.

I just called them to prove a point - took 28 second to get through to the correct department (option 4).

08000 32 32 77

In a contractual situation it may be detrimental for one contracted party (customer) to consult with another contracted party (supplier) without the customer self-compromising, in which case it is more beneficial to the customer to clarify contractual obligations elsewhere and put appropriate items in place prior to potentially "tipping-off" the other contracted party that a contracted obligation has not been fulfilled so potentially exposing the customer to a contractual penalty.
No idea if this is the case for OP, just making the observation why it is sometimes not beneficial for HUKD members to consult suppliers, either via telephone or carrier pigeon.
AndyRoyd11/11/2019 12:18

In a contractual situation it may be detrimental for one contracted party …In a contractual situation it may be detrimental for one contracted party (customer) to consult with another contracted party (supplier) without the customer self-compromising, in which case it is more beneficial to the customer to clarify contractual obligations elsewhere and put appropriate items in place prior to potentially "tipping-off" the other contracted party that a contracted obligation has not been fulfilled so potentially exposing the customer to a contractual penalty. No idea if this is the case for OP, just making the observation why it is sometimes not beneficial for HUKD members to consult suppliers, either via telephone or carrier pigeon.

Call the company and, without telling them who you are, ask them what their standard terms are.

It's realy not that hard.

Also, HUKD isn't really the plcae to be practicing your legalese.
Thanks. I have just booked it in with the main dealer to be on the safe side. Serves me right for leaving it so late.

With regards to the phone they still don’t answer and option 4 is for booking a service with them if you have taken maintenance with your lease which I didn’t.
adam_holcombe11/11/2019 12:20

Call the company and, without telling them who you are, ask them what …Call the company and, without telling them who you are, ask them what their standard terms are.It's realy not that hard. Also, HUKD isn't really the plcae to be practicing your legalese.

Often still self-compromising as the t&c may have changed since contract inception, especially considering contracts may be signed significantly prior to the contract content starting such as for purchases of items with long lead times (a telephone call enquiring "hi, what were the terms of the contracts you were issuing xx months / years ago" may be viewed as kinda weird by the supplier).
Simply a reasonable example of why peeps may choose not to use the dog&bone.
AndyRoyd11/11/2019 12:32

Often still self-compromising as the t&c may have changed since contract …Often still self-compromising as the t&c may have changed since contract inception, especially considering contracts may be signed significantly prior to the contract content starting such as for purchases of items with long lead times (a telephone call enquiring "hi, what were the terms of the contracts you were issuing xx months / years ago" may be viewed as kinda weird by the supplier).Simply a reasonable example of why peeps may choose not to use the dog&bone.

I get your point, genuinely, but it just doesn't work like that.

Your argument is the terms may have changed. Just like the terms on my contract could vary significantly from yours.

Hence my very first answer:

hWat does your contract say?

Not a single person on here can tell you the answer.
adam_holcombe11/11/2019 12:34

I get your point, genuinely, but it just doesn't work like that. Your …I get your point, genuinely, but it just doesn't work like that. Your argument is the terms may have changed. Just like the terms on my contract could vary significantly from yours. Hence my very first answer:hWat does your contract say?Not a single person on here can tell you the answer.

The reasoning behind why a customer may not want to telephone a supplier has been satisfied.
Not clear why your first answer of suggesting OP read contract be subsequently superceded by suggesting OP call the supplier, but OP has indicated the agreement will be located and consulted so all good.
Jesus save me
mikeportsmouth11/11/2019 12:47

Jesus save me

Probably of no assistance if he's not a party to the contract, but you could always try phoning him?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions