Set music as alarm clock on Google Home UK (US only feature)

Found 11th May
Set your Google Home to play music as an alarm clock in the UK! And it can be set as a recurring alarm

So I know this isn't exactly a deal, but if any of you are as boring as me, not being able to have my favourite music play as a recurring alarm clock on Google Home was a bit annoying to say the least.

But there is an easy workaround!

All you need to do is set your Google Assistant voice to USA . (not great,but better than nothing!)

To do that,do the following:

• 2) Open the Google Home app 2938517.jpg

• 3) In the top left corner of the app's Home screen, tap Menu2938517.jpg.
  • 4) Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the one linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle next to the account name and email address.
  • 5)Tap More settings 2938517.jpgLook at devices and find your Google Home. Press on it.2938517.jpg Assistant Language to English (US)

Done!

You can now set a music alarm clock if you have your Google Home linked to a Spotify/Play Music account.

Say the phrase"Hey Google,set music alarm for x time" , and you will then be prompted to set the song.

Recurring Alarm

Google Assistant seems a bit fidgety about how to word the recurring alarm with music, but it seems like this is the phrase.

Hey Google. set music alarm at (time) everyday. You will then be prompted to choose a song.

Check your alarms

Here is an easy way to check what alarms you've got activated!

I hope this helps you all!

Community Updates
MiscSmart Home
4 Comments
Thanks for this @daastle I've moved over to Misc as information
magicjay19861 m ago

Thanks for this @daastle I've moved over to Misc as information

No problem, wasn't sure how to set it there! Thanks
Why they make these simple features US only is bizarre
aturner12312 m ago

Why they make these simple features US only is bizarre

I think it has to do with making sure it doesnt infringe on some kind of laws. Super bizarre as its such a great function!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants