Expired

Set of home plugs for use with Virgin Media broadband (Cable)

21 replies
Found 7th Apr 2009
Hi everyone. I'm currently in the middle of moving from a one bedroom flat to a two bedroom house. This means that I will have to have my PC upstairs and my Xbox 360 in the living room.

I have been looking into buying some homeplugs to use with my Virgin Media BB setup that I'm having installed in the new house, but there's just so many to choose from. Which are the best ones to buy to use with cable BB? (Not too dear mind!)

Many thanks in advance

21 Comments

They will work with ADSL or Cable its actually not relevant the powerline adaptors are just for transfering 1's and 0's over your ring main to create a physical local network.

I guess like most things you get what you pay for the cheapest I could find is:

]http//ww…039

Scan.co.uk have a load too:

]http//ww…5-0

The ebuyer one will proably be fine but if if you are feeling flash I would reccomend going for a branded one like Netgear also the more you pay the faster the link so can get up to 200mbps at the moment hope this helps ;-)

or just search this site there are loads of good deals:
hotukdeals.com/ite…ep/ £35.24 inc P&P !!
hotukdeals.com/ite…da/
hotukdeals.com/ite…tw/

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply and your help

Original Poster

Sorry to double post, but are there any deals at the moment for 200mpbs homeplugs (Set of two) I'm having a nightmare trying to get hold of some. Thanks

ValiantSaint;4931124

Sorry to double post, but are there any deals at the moment for 200mpbs … Sorry to double post, but are there any deals at the moment for 200mpbs homeplugs (Set of two) I'm having a nightmare trying to get hold of some. Thanks

i have a set would want £35 del brand new in box:thumbsup:

Original Poster

What type are the homeplugs you have for sale, missismop? (Are they the Comtrend Powerline ones?) Thanks

ValiantSaint;4940006

What type are the homeplugs you have for sale, missismop? (Are they the … What type are the homeplugs you have for sale, missismop? (Are they the Comtrend Powerline ones?) Thanks

comtrend ,upto 200mbps powerline adapters:thumbsup:

Original Poster

missismop;4940522

comtrend ,upto 200mbps powerline adapters:thumbsup:

I would be interested in them for sure. As I am in the middle of moving (as I explained in the opening post in the topic) would it effect me if you wanted me to pay for them by Paypal? (As my current address is "verified" by Paypal)

hi,as far as i know it does not make a difference ,like you say your in the middle of moving,let me know if you def want cheers:)

Original Poster

missismop;4944538

hi,as far as i know it does not make a difference ,like you say your in … hi,as far as i know it does not make a difference ,like you say your in the middle of moving,let me know if you def want cheers:)

I'll have them for sure. How do you want to sort out payment? And how would you send them? I don't mind paying a bit more for Recorded Delivery. Thanks

ValiantSaint;4945501

I'll have them for sure. How do you want to sort out payment? And how … I'll have them for sure. How do you want to sort out payment? And how would you send them? I don't mind paying a bit more for Recorded Delivery. Thanks

paypal gift ok with you ,if you want to add £1more will send them rec if thats ok will pm you:thumbsup:

Original Poster

missismop;4945596

paypal gift ok with you ,if you want to add £1more will send them rec if … paypal gift ok with you ,if you want to add £1more will send them rec if thats ok will pm you:thumbsup:

I heard that if you do transactions by Paypal Gift, you need funds in your account. Is that correct? It's just I have my debit card linked to my account, and funds are retrieved from that. Is that a problem?

ValiantSaint;4945656

I heard that if you do transactions by Paypal Gift, you need funds in … I heard that if you do transactions by Paypal Gift, you need funds in your account. Is that correct? It's just I have my debit card linked to my account, and funds are retrieved from that. Is that a problem?

no think thats ok;-)before you send check if its taking a fee

Original Poster

If I give you £40, would you send them by Special Delivery? (No Xbox makes Valiant a dull boy, you see!)

ValiantSaint;4945773

If I give you £40, would you send them by Special Delivery? (No Xbox … If I give you £40, would you send them by Special Delivery? (No Xbox makes Valiant a dull boy, you see!)

yes thats fine:)

Original Poster

missismop;4945821

yes thats fine:)

£40 it is then. I'm sending you the money now, thanks

Original Poster

ValiantSaint;4945890

£40 it is then. I'm sending you the money now, thanks

I've sent you the money. I look forward to receiving them. Thanks again

do you want to send me your address details plz

Original Poster

I have just sent you my details. Thanks again

ValiantSaint;4946227

I have just sent you my details. Thanks again

ok will send in the morning:thumbsup:

posted and have pmd tracking details:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Everything recieved in A1 condition, and works perfect
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice811
    2. Anyone visiting centre parc longleat between 27th-30th11
    3. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…22
    4. Advice on selling an iPhone?11

See more discussions