Found 24th Mar 2009
Hi,
Just after some advice. Remember reading on here people having a nightmare about cancelling - so after some tips.

We are thinking of getting a sky+hd box and so were going to cancel Setanta from may to september while the football isn't on.

Anyone got them to do it? Or got a phone number that isn't premium rate?

Or know how long you have to give them in notice to cancel?

Or tips to get them to do it ?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

phone them up and then send a confirmation letter to:

setanta sports, Dept 8544, Sunderland, sr9 9xz

Send recorded just in case....and then cancel your DD. I had no probs at all :-D

SuperEd

020 77668484 Customer services
0191 5013601 Use this number for subscription cancellation department

I am cancelling at the mo, I have just used the 0871 number on the letters they send me. After I rang them to cancel they gave me an email address to put the request in writing. Beware though, they ask you to give 1 month's notice for cancellation, eg if you want to cancel for the 31st January you'd have to give notice by the 31st December.

just cancel the DD

SuperEd

when i done it previously i just cancelled the direct debit told them i sent the letter and paid my last months sub and that was it

One thing to bear in mind about Football on Setanta.

A couple of years ago the Premiership football was divided into 6 "packages" and TV companies had to bid for them.

Sky won 4 of the packages, and Setanta won 2.

But recently when they bid again for NEXT years Premiership soccer Sky won 5 of them and Setanta only won 1.

So Setanta will only being showing HALF the Premiership matches they did this season.

I know they have other soccer like FA Cup and England games, but not sure how much of that they will have next season.

I believe they are also in financial trouble and trying re-negotiate some of the TV deals they have with other sports.

reuters.com/art…315

guardian.co.uk/med…hts

SuperEd

on the adverts the are saying they have more next season?

but you have the wonderful SPL games to watch as well!

goonertillidie;4729476

on the adverts the are saying they have more next season?

More what ?

They certainly wont have more Premier League matches.

This article says they have lost the Monday night "package" to Sky and Sky will show 115 Premier matches next season to Setanta's 23 (I think Setanta have 46 this season).

guardian.co.uk/foo…hts

SuperEd

think ill cancel mine then and what games i do want to watch ill go via p2p through my tv

I had quite a hard time cancelling them following many phone calls, 2 emails and finally 2 recorded delivery letters. I evenutally got one reply about a month later with confirmation that the account was cancelled and a refund of money was paid direct into the bank account as I had paid a year in advance. The staff seem nice enough on the phone but there is little support for the customer, so my advice would be to do as it says in the small print and send them the 30 days notice (I think it was originally 60 but it was lowered to 30) Good Luck!!:)

guilbert53;4729524

More what ?They certainly wont have more Premier League matches.This … More what ?They certainly wont have more Premier League matches.This article says they have lost the Monday night "package" to Sky and Sky will show 115 Premier matches next season to Setantas 23 (I think Setanta have 46 this season).http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/07/sky-setanta-premier-league-rights.

That's the season after next. The new tv deal was from 2010/2011 season mate.

Original Poster

thanks everyone for your help-rep left where i can !

Hopefully they'll go bust and Virgin will buy them out so then they'll be virgin sports 1 etc. Being the cable provider and all hopefully they could really challenge Skys dominance. Probably never happen mind.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1114
    2. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?47
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247670
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…57120

See more discussions