Groups

Setanta lose premier league rights

I will be cancelling my subscription with them shortly as with no prem games next season and not much boxing they are defo not worth 12.99 month, That is of course they dont now go bust as I guess most people will cancel.

What do you think and will you be canceling.

18 Comments

YES!!! about time too, hope sky get the monday night football back!

Reckon Virgin will buy the rights

I get Setanta free with Virgin, but i thing for sure is i it was no longer free i wouldnt pay for it now there is no football on there.

Original Poster

ESPN were rumoured to be intrested, also sky are free to bid for one of the packages of 23 games

I'm glad it will be mostly back to Sky, but you know what will happen, they will bring back Prem Plus on a pay-per-view basis, which sucks.

I thought sky couldn't bid for setanta's rights, as they would be infringing the monopolys and mergers commisions policy of having too much of a lion share.

Original Poster

tigerallstars;5537473

I thought sky couldn't bid for setanta's rights, as they would be … I thought sky couldn't bid for setanta's rights, as they would be infringing the monopolys and mergers commisions policy of having too much of a lion share.

they cant own all premier league rights which makes them free to bid for one of setantas packages of 23 games as 1 package will still be provided for another provider

iCodd;5537380

I'm glad it will be mostly back to Sky, but you know what will happen, … I'm glad it will be mostly back to Sky, but you know what will happen, they will bring back Prem Plus on a pay-per-view basis, which sucks.

Didnt mind the offer when you purchased 50 games for £50 before the start of the season when sky had prem plus season ticket

Be interesting to see what happens with the rights, SKY?, ESPN?

Maty06;5537511

they cant own all premier league rights which makes them free to bid for … they cant own all premier league rights which makes them free to bid for one of setantas packages of 23 games as 1 package will still be provided for another provider

Thought so:thumbsup:
    Am a costumer as well, just wondering about cancelling. But still have UFC on:oops:

Is it just my box (cable) or has Setanta stopped broadcasting on all its channels?
    I can get every channel inc Sky apart from Setanta and the Racing channel :thinking:

Original Poster

££ JASE ££;5537642

Is it just my box (cable) or has Setanta stopped broadcasting on all its … Is it just my box (cable) or has Setanta stopped broadcasting on all its channels?I can get every channel inc Sky apart from Setanta and the Racing channel :thinking:

It must just be your box because setanta is still available on my box

Wonder if one of the terrestrial broadcasters may pick up the rights..

Banned

grex9101;5537695

Wonder if one of the terrestrial broadcasters may pick up the rights..

Don't care. I haz satellitez.! :w00t:

Great news - This is all down to the European Competition Commission sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong. Hopefully the company goes down & we get our England Internationals & Friendlies back, along with FA Cup games.

Banned

cancelled already - they are useless

guv;5537707

Don't care. I haz satellitez.! :w00t:

:thumbsup::w00t:

Good to see setanat are finally going under, awful company with terrible cutomer servive

good riddance

souljacker;5537858

:thumbsup::w00t:Good to see setanat are finally going under, awful … :thumbsup::w00t:Good to see setanat are finally going under, awful company with terrible cutomer servivegood riddance

I hated setanat!!! And i was their favourite cutomer! :-D

I don't know how I'll servive!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions