Groups
    EXPIRED

Setting up a Database-advice required

Best way to get started please?

Thanks

10 Comments

Banned

I'd love to help, but I'm not good at that sort of thing. Hopefully the member I know can help doesn't hold grudges and gives you a hand though.

Original Poster

guv;7849396

I'd love to help, but I'm not good at that sort of thing. Hopefully the … I'd love to help, but I'm not good at that sort of thing. Hopefully the member I know can help doesn't hold grudges and gives you a hand though.

Just fancied having a go,never done anything like that before and fancied broadening my horizons

microsoft access?

Original Poster

warehousestock;7849426

microsoft access?

will have a look,thanks

Banned

Does it need to be a database, or will a spreadsheet suffice?

Original Poster

guv;7849499

Does it need to be a database, or will a spreadsheet suffice?

I dont really know tbh

Just wanted to sort of catalogue some threads on here for easy reference in the future

I dont do an admin based job so am open to whatever is the easiest for a novice

Do you understand what I mean?

Don't bother with Access. Download Oracle instead. The personal edition is free and it has far more features and a whole load of training stuff.

seems you just want a spreadsheet!

If you want a personal database on your pc then download openoffice and create a database using the Base tool.

If you want it "web-based" then you need to know a scripting language

Original Poster

faevilangel;7849589

seems you just want a spreadsheet!If you want a personal database on your … seems you just want a spreadsheet!If you want a personal database on your pc then download openoffice and create a database using the Base tool.If you want it "web-based" then you need to know a scripting language

just a basic thing..will have a look at open office

cheers

Original Poster

found something in iwork that will do the jobs

thanks for the advice
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions