Groups

Setting up a new mini business

Im thinking of starting up a new business. Nothing big just small and probably not even a lot of profit.

I was thinking of getting bulk orders of cards in (weddings,birthdays,xmas,anniversarys) etc and selling them on at a profit at car boots etc. Has anyone done this or think this is a good idea? I'm trying to find somewhere that sells cards in bulk but to no avail so far

Thanks in advance

6 Comments

try wholesale / job lots on ebay!!

good luck

have you googled - wholesalers in norwich area

I would say instead of a car boot sale try make a small website or ebay shop, a car boot sale isn't a brilliant market for selling cards.

glensymes;6386547

I would say instead of a car boot sale try make a small website or ebay … I would say instead of a car boot sale try make a small website or ebay shop, a car boot sale isn't a brilliant market for selling cards.

Agreed with the part about car boots not being good for selling cards at a mark up, the ones we go to often have several sellers with really good choice of decent quality cards all sub 50p.

I think via mail order the fact that you cant see the quality of the card plus the additional cost of postage makes it a no go.

Personally I like to see the card and have a good read of the verse as well as seeing the front and being able to feel by weight and the print if its good enough. The verse is always the clincher for me though it makes or breaks a sale.

harlzter;6386667

Agreed with the part about car boots not being good for selling cards at … Agreed with the part about car boots not being good for selling cards at a mark up, the ones we go to often have several sellers with really good choice of decent quality cards all sub 50p.I think via mail order the fact that you cant see the quality of the card plus the additional cost of postage makes it a no go.Personally I like to see the card and have a good read of the verse as well as seeing the front and being able to feel by weight and the print if its good enough. The verse is always the clincher for me though it makes or breaks a sale.

Yes I agree with you.

Also get a stall at any local fayre, or church sale etc, anything at all that will get your brand known.

Also perhaps a local shop might be interested in stocking for you - that would benefit both of you

good luck:thumbsup:

personally, (and its only my opinion) I dont think it will work, as you have the likes of Moonpig.com for starters, and even your local shop (newsagents), that sells cards etc.

But thats my thoughts - dont let it put you off.

God Luck

Original Poster

Thanks guys very much appreciated
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions