Groups

Setup repeating alarm from a select email recipient - iPhone

Morning everyone,

I'm looking for suggestions on this. I want my phone to have a constant alarm ringing until I select otherwise when I receive an email from a certain recipient.

The best I found online was to setup a VIP using the standard Mail app however this itself wasn't ideal for my situation because:

1) The standard Mail app is terrible at pushing emails in my opinion, they either take a while to come through or don't. I use the Gmail app which alerts me immediately everytime without fail.

2) The notification is very limited, it is a single noise which is not repeated.

Can anyone solve this issue I am having? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

3 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone?

What about using IFTTT to set up an applet for when you receive email from a certain sender to play music on your device, or play a certain 'alarm' song for example?

ifttt.com/

Original Poster

Jiming

What about using IFTTT to set up an applet for when you receive email … What about using IFTTT to set up an applet for when you receive email from a certain sender to play music on your device, or play a certain 'alarm' song for example?https://ifttt.com/

Thanks, I've setup an account and I can find the perfect command for Gmail but nothing to actually notify me immediately with what I desire. The best I can find is that it send you a reminder but again this is delayed.
    Edited by: "joshp" 26th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2644
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1027
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767421
      4. One for the mathmeticians1624

See more discussions