Found 3rd Oct 2008
Hi I m looking to buy a sewing machine and just thought someone on hee might be able to reccommend one. I m looking to spend about £100 or thereabouts. I ve never sewn before so looking for a fairly easy to use machine!!!(is there such a thing?)

7 Comments

have you got a TJhughes as they had some bargains
I had a Toyota and it was great-i really hammered it with kids clothes! It wasnt expensive and yes i got the hang of button-holes and zips too on it. It also embroidered, but quite basically.
Think what you will use it for before buying and maybe go to a machine shop first to get advice?
Oh and i gave mine away on freecycle so worth asking there before you part with cash on a first machine..

Original Poster

it s about 15miles to nearest one I was just hoping to buy one online tbh. I want to make some cushions n some costumes for kids halloween!! Eventually though I d like to be able to try n make some curtains. Cheers for ur help, freecycle didnt have anything

tesco has one £25 on sale instore my local extra unsure if natiowide , worth looking

Woolworths have some on offer at the moment, thats where my mother bought hers and she's very happy with it. They have 2 and 3 year warranties as well.

woolworths.co.uk/web…y=0

Delivery £4.95 or free pick up in-store. Quidco 3%.

Dunelm mills sell a toyota one for less than 100 quid:thumbsup: my wife swears by hers.( and occasionally swears AT it when she makes a mistake)

If you have never used one before, John Lewis often have demonstrations so you can have a closer look at them. Even though you have a budget, try and get one with a 'speed control' on it (or a sensitive pedal control) to get you started or you may end up with a finger attached to your hem!

Good luck! Great fun too... when you get the hang of them!

woolworths.co.uk/web…999

thats like the one i had...but im sure tjs had them around £40...just glanced tho. Maybe worth a phonecall?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines32
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63685
    3. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    4. win free cash32

See more discussions