Groups

sex.campaign..........please help!!!

I am currently analying the sex.worth talking about campaign and need your help. I am going to upload two posters one about contraception and the other chlamydia. I need to know what you think about them..what you like dislike and why. Also your age and sex pls. rep to all helpers xx

46 Comments

Original Poster

here is poster one:
    http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/mamamia7_photo/ogjcs4.jpg

Original Poster

poster 2 i cant seem to upload its on this site:
    nhs.uk/sex…spx
    on the right hand side is chlamydia advertising poster zip 12mb..its the first one in that file titled chlamydia boy.

hi im 26 and female
    think there aimed at younger people which is nt a bad thing
    seems a good idea to advice there are more contraception methods than the pill as from what i remember from when i was younger it was this or a condom the other options were never really discussed
    dont really dislike anything though the warning on the first poster about only being protected against sti with a condom could be bigger as if it aimed at a younger generation this is quite an important thing for them to know
    the second poster is good advicing you to get tested if asked and also at the same time telling you that clamydia can stop you being fertile again feel its aimed at a younger generation than myself but again feel this is a good thing also a good thing to remind people its symtomless

Original Poster

louloublue;7622476

hi im 26 and female think there aimed at younger people which is nt a bad … hi im 26 and female think there aimed at younger people which is nt a bad thingseems a good idea to advice there are more contraception methods than the pill as from what i remember from when i was younger it was this or a condom the other options were never really discussed dont really dislike anything though the warning on the first poster about only being protected against sti with a condom could be bigger as if it aimed at a younger generation this is quite an important thing for them to knowthe second poster is good advicing you to get tested if asked and also at the same time telling you that clamydia can stop you being fertile again feel its aimed at a younger generation than myself but again feel this is a good thing also a good thing to remind people its symtomless

thanks louloublue...brilliant help!!! rep given

Hi I',m 48 married with four kids all just about grown up........I think its a good thing to get people talking, my eldest have all received the chlamydia testers in the past few weeks (and used them if relelvant), we joked about it at home but everyone is aware and my son came in beaming the other night with his "you're in the clear" text, knowledge is power.

Original Poster

wendyak;7622548

Hi I',m 48 married with four kids all just about grown up........I think … Hi I',m 48 married with four kids all just about grown up........I think its a good thing to get people talking, my eldest have all received the chlamydia testers in the past few weeks (and used them if relelvant), we joked about it at home but everyone is aware and my son came in beaming the other night with his "you're in the clear" text, knowledge is power.

what ages were your kids that receieved them? Did the pack contained like a wee pot/swab and stamped address envelope and then they got a text back? I was unaware people got sent things at home...thanks oh and rep given

For every £1 spent on Sexual and Reproductive Healtcare £7 is saved.

Education and promotion is vital, the chlamydia test is a doddle to do, you can even receive your results via text these days, the NHS is working hard to make these tests as available as possible.

Original Poster

DKLS;7622575

For every £1 spent on Sexual and Reproductive Healtcare £7 is s … For every £1 spent on Sexual and Reproductive Healtcare £7 is saved.Education and promotion is vital, the chlamydia test is a doddle to do, you can even receive your results via text these days, the NHS is working hard to make these tests as available as possible.

where did you get that quote/info from thanks

My kids are 24, 22, 18 & 14 in our area there is an ad on the radio advising that all 18-24 year olds will get one through the post, the 22 & 18 year olds (boys)have had theirs.
    They had a pee pot and plastic envelope to send it back and got a text reply, think u can choose post or text.

Just looked at the envelope sent out by NHS S E Essex (cost them a pound each in postage).

My girlfriend and I, 21 and 22 respectively, received the tests several months ago. Personally I thought it was a complete waste of our tax money as neither of us need one as we have had the same sexual partner (each other, before any jokes) for 5 years now!
    Thus sorry to say we didnt waste time and effort of the NHS.

I do agree with it as I do understand many people if offered it might say no, and majority would not actually ask for it. But why don't they require 18-24yr olds to attend a doctors/nurses visit every 6 months, just for a general health check up, inclusive of a sexual one even if just verbal, and then if any uncertainty then spend the time and money.

awoodhall2003;7623484

My girlfriend and I, 21 and 22 respectively, received the tests several … My girlfriend and I, 21 and 22 respectively, received the tests several months ago. Personally I thought it was a complete waste of our tax money as neither of us need one as we have had the same sexual partner (each other, before any jokes) for 5 years now!Thus sorry to say we didnt waste time and effort of the NHS.

No offence dude, but what if she was diddling someone behind your back and had given you the clap, it's always better to test, than not test.

18, M, not gonna bother with the test things u can get, i know i dont have anything atm lol, gots myself a rule, every 3 girls - go get checked :lol: think the posters are good btw lol

Trickyjabs;7623530

No offence dude, but what if she was diddling someone behind your back … No offence dude, but what if she was diddling someone behind your back and had given you the clap, it's always better to test, than not test.

Trust mate, all about trust...and honestly, ive never had a suspicion even slightly.
    No offence taken, as given if it was someone else, or a different female for example then I'd probably accept it, but not my girl. Thats not just being hopeful, or having my eyes closed, its just we trust each other completely.

But nonetheless is a good issue, also another issue is for example my kit turned up a day before hers...now that could have been suspicious - as if someone had reported they slept with me and had it...that could drop someone right in it!

My opinion is the Think and Again are the wrong way around

micoo;7623549

18, M, not gonna bother with the test things u can get, i know i dont … 18, M, not gonna bother with the test things u can get, i know i dont have anything atm lol, gots myself a rule, every 3 girls - go get checked :lol: think the posters are good btw lol

so just had your 22nd check up then? :p:p

awoodhall2003;7623569

so just had your 22nd check up then?

hellllllll yeah :lol:

jellybaby22;7623575

in dundee :shock:it should be after every girl go get checked.....

:lol: i try to avoid the scottish girls lol, tbh their not as good lookin anyway :lol:

jellybaby22;7623619

:shock: you are now the first person on my ignore list......how dare … :shock: you are now the first person on my ignore list......how dare you....you should be ashamed..:p

you know its true :lol:, irish girls tend to be hot and dirty :lol: theres a lot in dundee too lol

micoo;7623637

you know its true :lol:, irish girls tend to be hot and dirty :lol: … you know its true :lol:, irish girls tend to be hot and dirty :lol: theres a lot in dundee too lol

yummy irish birds...i lived in the republic of ireland when i was younger for a little while, and have family who moved over there so visit fairly often. and ever since been addicted mainly to the accent then anything...

jellybaby22;7623665

ahh see i redeem myself there then....irish..scottish and italian...so … ahh see i redeem myself there then....irish..scottish and italian...so not too bad...altho... I dont blame you for the comment...you live in dundee...where all women look like peter Kay in a tracksuit:w00t:

:lol:, scottish irish and *whispers* welsh :oops:

micoo;7623684

:lol:, scottish irish and *whispers* welsh :oops:

Again the welsh are hot...i know a nice little pint sized welsh girl...very hot, even if you cant understand half of what she says! :-D

I wish i knew what roots i had...i know of Mediterranean somewhere, but dont know where!

micoo;7623595

:lol: i try to avoid the scottish girls lol, tbh their not as good lookin … :lol: i try to avoid the scottish girls lol, tbh their not as good lookin anyway :lol:

Hurt!!!:roll:

Im scottish and greek. ssshhhhh its a secret

Banned

Talk about sex? :oops:
    Are you mad?
    We are British, we dont do such things :oops:

Original Poster

ReflexReact;7623567

How do you mean?

Original Poster

Has Anyone Still Got The Form That Was Sent Through The Post And Could Maybe Send It To Me Pls???

mamamia7;7624201

Has Anyone Still Got The Form That Was Sent Through The Post And Could … Has Anyone Still Got The Form That Was Sent Through The Post And Could Maybe Send It To Me Pls???

ive probably got the whole kit if you want it

jellybaby22;7623665

altho... I dont blame you for the comment...you live in dundee...where … altho... I dont blame you for the comment...you live in dundee...where all women look like peter Kay in a tracksuit:w00t:

OMG that made me really lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;7624211

ive probably got the whole kit if you want it

Can you send it to me if i pm you my address..let me know how much p and p is..i will pay you

ReflexReact;7623567

i thought exactly same thing! the two word word stand out and make sence the other way around

Original Poster

glam-R;7624356

i thought exactly same thing! the two word word stand out and make sence … i thought exactly same thing! the two word word stand out and make sence the other way around

yeah i get it now... good spot!!

Banned

dcx_badass;7624372

Posters are rubbish and stupid sluts should have to pay for their own … Posters are rubbish and stupid sluts should have to pay for their own contraception.

What a silly thing to say. Contraception should be free because it's preferable to unwanted children which cost far more.

dcx_badass
    I think you are very uneducated and the very reason this post was started.........I have been on the pill for more years than you have been alive and never ever been a slut. At some times in my life I would have struggled to pay for it but its free so I never had to make that choice.
    I chose exactly when I wanted children and never had to make the agonising decision of an abortion or adoption, or perhaps worse ...........people died for this privelige and still do.
    You might think i'm a old grouch (still young enough to have kids), but abortion was only legalised in the U.K.
    in my lifetime and is by no means the best option, although it has its place.
    Like I said earlier, knowledge is power and education the key...get some!!!

wendyak;7624777

dcx_badassI think you are very uneducated and the very reason this post … dcx_badassI think you are very uneducated and the very reason this post was started.........I have been on the pill for more years than you have been alive and never ever been a slut. At some times in my life I would have struggled to pay for it but its free so I never had to make that choice.I chose exactly when I wanted children and never had to make the agonising decision of an abortion or adoption, or perhaps worse ...........people died for this privelige and still do.You might think i'm a old grouch (still young enough to have kids), but abortion was only legalised in the U.K.in my lifetime and is by no means the best option, although it has its place.Like I said earlier, knowledge is power and education the key...get some!!!

:thumbsup: +1
    i also chose when i had children! 3 lovely boys :-D

And life saving medicine is also free in many cases, how life saving is preventing unwanted life????.......

dcx_badass;7625219

Blah blah, either work and buy your own or don't have sex, much more … Blah blah, either work and buy your own or don't have sex, much more important life saving medicine costs money when this doesn't.

Just because you're not getting laid doesn't mean you have to be grouchy about other people doing it safely.

Banned

angelfairee;7625328

Just because you're not getting laid doesn't mean you have to be grouchy … Just because you're not getting laid doesn't mean you have to be grouchy about other people doing it safely.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Methinks someone might end up needing to earn money to obtain sex:whistling:

ive been on the pill since i was 15, i have been with my OH for over 6 years our daughter was planned and im now 26

when we got together we went and got checked out at the clap clinic so we knew we were both clear of anything

I think the posters and the adverts are far too gimicky, parents need to talk to their children about this sort of

thing themselves not expect tv or teachers to do it for them.

Before Christmas at my gym, they had the chlamydia tests wrapped up in pink paper for girls and blue paper for boys. You have no idea how much this upset me, I LOVE presents. Worst presents ever.

mamamia7;7624283

Can you send it to me if i pm you my address..let me know how much p and … Can you send it to me if i pm you my address..let me know how much p and p is..i will pay you

Yeah sure PM me your address, and if you want the whole thing or just the letter. :thumbsup:

angelfairee;7625471

Before Christmas at my gym, they had the chlamydia tests wrapped up in … Before Christmas at my gym, they had the chlamydia tests wrapped up in pink paper for girls and blue paper for boys. You have no idea how much this upset me, I LOVE presents. Worst presents ever.

Not the worst...the worst would have been having chlamydia :thumbsup:
    Luckily for you Micoo checks himself every 3 girls.

awoodhall2003;7625490

Not the worst...the worst would have been having chlamydia … Not the worst...the worst would have been having chlamydia :thumbsup:Luckily for you Micoo checks himself every 3 girls.

Haha. Luckily for me I'm a sensible girl :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2952
      2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963005
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846253
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?34201

See more discussions