Shade holder rings for ceiling lights

Found 28th Oct 2017
Hi everyone, would anyone know where I could obtain some shade holder rings for BC ceiling lights, I know I can buy the whole lampholder with them on but I only need the rings ( about 6 ) as they have broken. Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
B&q used to sell them and so did ikea
ebay would be the best place for this sort of thing
mutley12 m ago

ebay would be the best place for this sort of thing

Do you comment on every thread regardless of your knowledge on the subject?

These are widely available locally ; B&Q, Homebase, Wickes, Toolstation being the most common.
Edited by: "andynicol" 28th Oct 2017
andynicol2 m ago

Do you comment on every thread regardless of your knowledge on the …Do you comment on every thread regardless of your knowledge on the subject?These are widely available locally ; B&Q,Wickes,Toolstation being the most common.

ebay is the best place for small odds and ends as it saves the trip down to the shops for a small item like this and often can be quite cheap. i often need small items like this and ebay is the first place i would look.

just giving the OP some advise to his question. not sure why you have a problem with that?
mutley12 m ago

ebay is the best place for small odds and ends as it saves the trip down …ebay is the best place for small odds and ends as it saves the trip down to the shops for a small item like this and often can be quite cheap. i often need small items like this and ebay is the first place i would look.just giving the OP some advise to his question. not sure why you have a problem with that?

I'm simply bemused as to the sheer number of threads you comment on when its clear you have limited knowledge on the subject at hand.
andynicol1 m ago

I'm simply bemused as to the sheer number of threads you comment on when …I'm simply bemused as to the sheer number of threads you comment on when its clear you have limited knowledge on the subject at hand.

i know about buying these stuff. you can stay bemused. this is not your thread anyway.
mutley13 m ago

i know about buying these stuff. you can stay bemused. this is not your …i know about buying these stuff. you can stay bemused. this is not your thread anyway.

'i know about buying these stuff'....would have helped if you'd either posted a link, failing that giving the item its proper name, 'home office skirt' or 'lampholder skirt' which would help the OP using your eBay suggestion.

You simply posted a generic 'eBay is best for this sort of thing' which could apply to every thread where posters are asking about an item.

Your door handle thread would be a perfect example, would it help if someone simply posted 'eBay is best for this sort of thing'? Would that aid you..?
andynicol8 m ago

'i know about buying these stuff'....would have helped if you'd either …'i know about buying these stuff'....would have helped if you'd either posted a link, failing that giving the item its proper name, 'home office skirt' or 'lampholder skirt' which would help the OP using your eBay suggestion.You simply posted a generic 'eBay is best for this sort of thing' which could apply to every thread where posters are asking about an item.Your door handle thread would be a perfect example, would it help if someone simply posted 'eBay is best for this sort of thing'? Would that aid you..?

my door handle question was not where i could buy the door handle but what sizes the door handles comes in. i have found lots of places and lots of door handles available for sale on an internet search but i can't match their sizes to the one i have. completely different question.

the op is more than capable of putting the search into ebay if he has not already done so, now that i have pointed him to ebay.
mutley15 m ago

my door handle question was not where i could buy the door handle but what …my door handle question was not where i could buy the door handle but what sizes the door handles comes in. i have found lots of places and lots of door handles available for sale on an internet search but i can't match their sizes to the one i have. completely different question.the op is more than capable of putting the search into ebay if he has not already done so, now that i have pointed him to ebay.

So when your opening sentence was ; 'I need a replacement UPVC front door handle but I can't seem to find ones where the distance between the screws are 115mm'.

You need(ed) a door handle but weren't asking where to purchase one......?

I've left a comment on your thread anyway, hope it helped.
Edited by: "andynicol" 28th Oct 2017
Got some from ikea a few weeks back,they were 50p each
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your replies, very helpful
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants