'Shambles' as millennial railcard site crashes

Found 13th Mar

news.sky.com/sto…714

This was a very good concept in principle, as it was set to benefit many people initially.

And potentially many many more yet to come in the future too perhaps?.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Community Updates
MiscTravel
Top comments
It's got the word "millennial" in it so it's probably spat it's dummy out after not getting its own way.
14 Comments
Original Poster

news.sky.com/sto…714
The trains/rails themselves are shambles so what else would you expect...
It's got the word "millennial" in it so it's probably spat it's dummy out after not getting its own way.
I'm curious why this age group (26 to 30) is seen to be in need of subsidised rail travel more than those above age 30?
deleted1166706
It's ageism in all its glory. I'm a millennial and don't meet the criteria for this card. Did somebodies father feel sorry for their 26-30 year old child and had the power to issue this? It's baffling.
alltaken12313th Mar

It's ageism in all its glory. I'm a millennial and don't meet the criteria …It's ageism in all its glory. I'm a millennial and don't meet the criteria for this card. Did somebodies father feel sorry for their 26-30 year old child and had the power to issue this? It's baffling.

They've raised the age several times over the years and it's always been capped at the people who are aged 30 now. I don't know what they have against single adults, but it seems they make a railcard for every group in society expect them.
MSK.1 h, 16 m ago

They've raised the age several times over the years and it's always been …They've raised the age several times over the years and it's always been capped at the people who are aged 30 now. I don't know what they have against single adults, but it seems they make a railcard for every group in society expect them.

If they made a railcard for everyone
then what would be the point of the railcard ?

at moment that is to encourage people the young,old,disabled... to travel by train who might not otherwise
and also sell tickets that might otherwise be left unsold
Wongy1105 m ago

If they made a railcard for everyone then what would be the point of the …If they made a railcard for everyone then what would be the point of the railcard ?at moment that is to encourage people the young,old,disabled... to travel by train who might not otherwiseand also sell tickets that might otherwise be left unsold

Do you support the availability of subsidised rail travel for those aged 26 to 30?
Bestard2 m ago

Do you support the availability of subsidised rail travel for those aged …Do you support the availability of subsidised rail travel for those aged 26 to 30?

I support rail travel for all.

That means getting em young and people are living longer.
Wongy1102 m ago

I support rail travel for all.That means getting em young and people are …I support rail travel for all.That means getting em young and people are living longer.

So is that a no then?
Not sure I fully understood.
Bestard9 m ago

Do you support the availability of subsidised rail travel for those aged …Do you support the availability of subsidised rail travel for those aged 26 to 30?

Do you support subsidised rail services, for foreign national rail companies whom charge customers in their own country far less then us?

If so complaining about public money subing 26 - 30 year olds is rather a drop in the ocean don't you think.
Bestard22 m ago

So is that a no then?Not sure I fully understood.

PEOPLE PARKING ON TH.....

whoops sorry flashback

Probably yes like I said people are living longer
but it is marginal would be my guess(heck who knows their might be people out there making these decisions who know about this stuff ?)

have to say marked this as a 'news' thread in the coc thread (the clue is in the link)
also I find the language used in the op 'political'
Edited by: "Wongy110" 14th Mar
Original Poster
My above previous link, follows this initial one online, from the day before:

Millennial railcard goes on sale on Tuesday | The Independent

independent.co.uk/tra…tml
Shamble theory on cost saving is a typical British leadership skill, it is applied by non technical leaders to override project management and engineering management in technical projects.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions