Groups

Shamelessly seeking compliments!

Banned
    I'll admit, this is a low attempt at getting some compliments! I feel a bit crap tonight, dissertation work is draining and I feel like I'm going to have to do all of it all over again anyway in some retakes so it feels even more pointless!!

I'm training to teach without really wanting to be a teacher and havent slept in ages! lol.

I thought I'd share with you a painting I'm very proud of, in the hope that some of you might enjoy it. I know my art lecturer won't have anything nice to say about it so I may as well try my luck here before I hand it in on Weds!!

It took me about 7 hours and is about 25cm wide by 20cm tall.

43 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/820/picture1241.jpghttp://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5292/picture1242.jpg

Very pretty, you obviously have talent.

Good luck , and chin up

grex9101;5186209

Very pretty, you obviously have talent.Good luck , and chin up

yeah +1 i suck at drawing stick figures lol

grex did you get a munchy box?

H_K;5186208

Hun.... that is good!!!! ;-)

Don't be getting yourself all wound up!!!!

Honestly... it is really good!!!

Original Poster Banned

grex9101;5186209

Very pretty, you obviously have talent.Good luck , and chin up

Thanks, just feel pretty low. Almost done my diss which is in on Weds, but know I'll have to spend all day n night tomorrow on my art now. How can 2 days seem so far away?!

it does look very nice!

your art lecturer is mad if they don't like it..good luck

H_K;5186223

Thanks, just feel pretty low. Almost done my diss which is in on Weds, … Thanks, just feel pretty low. Almost done my diss which is in on Weds, but know I'll have to spend all day n night tomorrow on my art now. How can 2 days seem so far away?!

so did toy not go to sleep at 2 like planned today?

Banned

I know nothing about art, but I'd give you 10/10 for that.

Good luck on Wednesday.

shosie;5186216

yeah +1 i suck at drawing stick figures lolgrex did you get a munchy box?

Nah, I'd made a beef madras from scratch earlier on in the night, there was some left... :oops:

did you? :-D

grex9101;5186230

Nah, I'd made a beef madras from scratch earlier on in the night, there … Nah, I'd made a beef madras from scratch earlier on in the night, there was some left... :oops:did you? :-D

i did not unfortunatley maybe tommrow night
    was your madras any good?

Original Poster Banned

shosie;5186227

so did toy not go to sleep at 2 like planned today?

No I went from 5 until 10 and had really disturbed sleep. My plan was to be tucked up by 2 tonight ready for a big day tomorrow, but think it will be more like 3 now.

Thankyou for all of your compliments. Its nice to hear them.(read them...whatever lol)

My art lecturer has her favourites and I'm not one of them. She forgets we're training to be teachers, not on an art degree but doesnt praise any extra work we do.

I worked in the national gallery for a week last year as part of my course, produced a small sketchbook full of notes, drawings and reflections which I spent hours on-I stayed on in the gallery until close at 7pm each night while the other students went shopping from 3pm, spent my weekend in the tate gallery, and portrait gallery for extra understanding and worked until midnight updating my notes and just put my heart into it. Handed it in with my sketchbook and all she said was 'I didn't ask you to keep a sketchbook, you've wasted your time'.

Bit disheartening, but I'm still really proud of it and show it to interested parties so I'm still glad I did it.

sorry about the rant! lol

shosie;5186236

i did not unfortunatley maybe tommrow nightwas your madras any good?

oh yeah!

Been trying out a few new recipes, got some ace ones! :thumbsup:

H_K;5186243

No I went from 5 until 10 and had really disturbed sleep. My plan was to … No I went from 5 until 10 and had really disturbed sleep. My plan was to be tucked up by 2 tonight ready for a big day tomorrow, but think it will be more like 3 now.Thankyou for all of your compliments. Its nice to hear them.(read them...whatever lol)My art lecturer has her favourites and I'm not one of them. She forgets we're training to be teachers, not on an art degree but doesnt praise any extra work we do.I worked in the national gallery for a week last year as part of my course, produced a small sketchbook full of notes, drawings and reflections which I spent hours on-I stayed on in the gallery until close at 7pm each night while the other students went shopping from 3pm, spent my weekend in the tate gallery, and portrait gallery for extra understanding and worked until midnight updating my notes and just put my heart into it. Handed it in with my sketchbook and all she said was 'I didn't ask you to keep a sketchbook, you've wasted your time'.Bit disheartening, but I'm still really proud of it and show it to interested parties so I'm still glad I did it.sorry about the rant! lol

Ahh all that sucks a bit to be honest, no worries problem shared is a problem halved

grex9101;5186246

oh yeah! Been trying out a few new recipes, got some ace ones! :thumbsup:

nice lol all i amke in the kitchen is a mess ii end wearing whatever i cook

Looks good to me, kinda like a photo. Well done!

shosie;5186257

nice lol all i amke in the kitchen is a mess ii end wearing whatever i … nice lol all i amke in the kitchen is a mess ii end wearing whatever i cook

The secret to any successful kitchen endeavour is prep!!!

Works out healthier and cheaper than takeaways too :-D

(you can tell, I'm a convert :thumbsup:)

H_K;5186243

No I went from 5 until 10 and had really disturbed sleep. My plan was to … No I went from 5 until 10 and had really disturbed sleep. My plan was to be tucked up by 2 tonight ready for a big day tomorrow, but think it will be more like 3 now.Thankyou for all of your compliments. Its nice to hear them.(read them...whatever lol)My art lecturer has her favourites and I'm not one of them. She forgets we're training to be teachers, not on an art degree but doesnt praise any extra work we do.I worked in the national gallery for a week last year as part of my course, produced a small sketchbook full of notes, drawings and reflections which I spent hours on-I stayed on in the gallery until close at 7pm each night while the other students went shopping from 3pm, spent my weekend in the tate gallery, and portrait gallery for extra understanding and worked until midnight updating my notes and just put my heart into it. Handed it in with my sketchbook and all she said was 'I didn't ask you to keep a sketchbook, you've wasted your time'.Bit disheartening, but I'm still really proud of it and show it to interested parties so I'm still glad I did it.sorry about the rant! lol

Oh dear... I'm not even sure the people teaching these subjects realise the substance of the crap they spout to thier students.... :thinking:

Your work is lovely.... keep it up!!! :thumbsup:

RuthIess;5186259

i kinda thought that to

grex9101;5186260

The secret to any successful kitchen endeavour is prep!!!Works out … The secret to any successful kitchen endeavour is prep!!!Works out healthier and cheaper than takeaways too :-D(you can tell, I'm a convert :thumbsup:)

i yell at people when they are in my kitchen i turn in gordon ramsay lol

Original Poster Banned

Thats good-I painted it from a photo I'd taken of a rose I was given, I will try and take some pics to prove it's a painting, honest!
    x

Showing it on the full page of my sketchbook;
    http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3087/picture1244.jpg

trying to show the brushstrokes;
    http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7994/picture1245g.jpghttp://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8389/picture1246y.jpg
    xx

H_K;5186273

Thats good-I painted it from a photo I'd taken of a rose I was given, I … Thats good-I painted it from a photo I'd taken of a rose I was given, I will try and take some pics to prove it's a painting, honest!x

I believe you but they are good

Original Poster Banned

RuthIess;5186259

shosie;5186267

i kinda thought that to

RuthIess;5186278

I believe you but they are good

well its the highest compliment you could give me, apart from it looking like the real thing rather than a photo of the real thing...lol...so thankyou for the compliment

H_K;5186281

well its the highest compliment you could give me, apart from it looking … well its the highest compliment you could give me, apart from it looking like the real thing rather than a photo of the real thing...lol...so thankyou for the compliment

the one with your hand in looks even more like a pic cos its further away shot

Original Poster Banned

shosie;5186287

the one with your hand in looks even more like a pic cos its further … the one with your hand in looks even more like a pic cos its further away shot

lol, i just took that to show the context-that it is on a sketchbook page etc, not the size of a 6 x 4 photo. I'll be cutting it out and sticking it in my book tomorrow ready for handing in...eep

H_K;5186290

lol, i just took that to show the context-that it is on a sketchbook page … lol, i just took that to show the context-that it is on a sketchbook page etc, not the size of a 6 x 4 photo. I'll be cutting it out and sticking it in my book tomorrow ready for handing in...eep

lol, awk tis great well worth an a in my opion. i cant even cut and paste properly thats how bad my craft skills are.

tho i can do some origami

Original Poster Banned

shosie;5186294

lol, awk tis great well worth an a in my opion. i cant even cut and paste … lol, awk tis great well worth an a in my opion. i cant even cut and paste properly thats how bad my craft skills are.tho i can do some origami

now that I can't do. I used to be able to make a swan and a peace crane., but wouldnt know where to start now.

H_K;5186300

now that I can't do. I used to be able to make a swan and a peace crane., … now that I can't do. I used to be able to make a swan and a peace crane., but wouldnt know where to start now.

i can do the peace crane, practicing to do others, i thought if im gonna waste my time ill do it productivley

Original Poster Banned

shosie;5186302

i can do the peace crane, practicing to do others, i thought if im gonna … i can do the peace crane, practicing to do others, i thought if im gonna waste my time ill do it productivley

haha, good call. you up working tonight then?

H_K;5186304

haha, good call. you up working tonight then?

ha no, i was revising biochemistry but thats lost cause lol

Original Poster Banned

shosie;5186310

ha no, i was revising biochemistry but thats lost cause lol

Lol. did you get your evaluation all written? When did you get to bed last night? Last we saw of u was about 3am.

H_K;5186208

The detail on that is immense, i havent done art since A-level 2 years ago but i can tell you my work was never that good, was the reason i gave it up. Id be proud of that aswell, good job :thumbsup:

H_K;5186313

Lol. did you get your evaluation all written? When did you get to bed … Lol. did you get your evaluation all written? When did you get to bed last night? Last we saw of u was about 3am.

nope havent done that either, om gonna do that on thursday night maybe i need feed back from essay before i can finish it properly tho. Mustve been about then it had went quite so i went to bed

Original Poster Banned

JasonAJB;5186314

The detail on that is immense, i havent done art since A-level 2 years … The detail on that is immense, i havent done art since A-level 2 years ago but i can tell you my work was never that good, was the reason i gave it up. Id be proud of that aswell, good job :thumbsup:

Thankyou very much,:):oops:

Original Poster Banned

shosie;5186316

nope havent done that either, om gonna do that on thursday night maybe i … nope havent done that either, om gonna do that on thursday night maybe i need feed back from essay before i can finish it properly tho. Mustve been about then it had went quite so i went to bed

yeh probably we all faded away to eat weetabix etc to try and keep us going!!

H_K;5186324

yeh probably we all faded away to eat weetabix etc to try and keep us … yeh probably we all faded away to eat weetabix etc to try and keep us going!!

i have to wolf my whetabix down before it goes soggy lol

Original Poster Banned

on that note, i'm calling it a night. need some sleep!

thanks for all of your comments, wish you were marking my work!!!

night all, sweet dreams. x

Original Poster Banned

shosie;5186329

i have to wolf my whetabix down before it goes soggy lol

noooo, soggys that way forward! I can't bear crunchy weetabix, makes me feel ill just thinking about it for some reason.

H_K;5186331

on that note, i'm calling it a night. need some sleep!thanks for all of … on that note, i'm calling it a night. need some sleep!thanks for all of your comments, wish you were marking my work!!!night all, sweet dreams. x

night

H_K;5186332

noooo, soggys that way forward! I can't bear crunchy weetabix, makes me … noooo, soggys that way forward! I can't bear crunchy weetabix, makes me feel ill just thinking about it for some reason.

makes me heave eating it soggy eurgh

H_K;5186243

Can i ask you what type of teacher are you training to be and where please?, My GF is training to be primary school teacher and has chosen art as one of her subjects for her final year,

Thanks

PS , Excellent detail on the pic. You definately have talent and deserve and excellent grade, I hope the lecturers see this and reward you for the effort you have put in and not because you are not one of the favourites!

Good Luck!:thumbsup:

wow...thats really impressive.
    well done hun..cheer up....im used to u being so happy :friends:

Hi H_K
    I like the rose picture very much. I'm a fan of Les Roses : Pierre-Joseph Redouté's work. You've captured the light on the petals and all the delicate details so carefully. It's that realistic I can almost smell rose otto mmm:)
    Your teacher seems a bit mean regarding the sketch book. I always thought art teachers were the kindest of the bunch till i read that!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any advice on mobile networks.1114
      2. No claims discount proof - Help needed33
      3. Keter 6x4 shed.33
      4. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid22

See more discussions