Share Google play purchaces with 5 family members.

Posted 21st Apr
Only yesterday I was thinking it would be helpful if I could share the games and books I have purchased on my Google account with my children without them needing to be signed into my account and now it turns out I can.. More info can be found on the link.. Some relevant info I thought helpful I've included below..

Use Google Play Family Library
You can share purchased apps, games, films, TV shows, e-books and audiobooks from Google Play with up to five family members using Google Play Family Library.

Open the Play Store app Google Play.
At the top left, tap Menu Menu and then Account and then Family and then Sign up for Family Library.
Follow the on-screen instructions to set up Family Library. If you aren't part of a family group, you'll need to create one first.
Note: Everyone in your family needs to follow the instructions above to set up Family Library.

Requirements
Family manager requirements
If you are not part of a family already, you'll become the family manager when you sign up for Family Library. Family managers must meet all of these requirements:

Be 18 or over (or the appropriate age in your country).
Have a valid credit card to use as the family payment method.
Not be part of another family group on Google.
Note: You can't create a family with a Google Account from work, school or another organisation.

Family member requirements
To join a family group, you must meet these requirements:

Have a Google Account. If you're under the age of 13, or the applicable age in your country, your family manager needs to create a Google Account for you.
Live in the same country as the family manager.
Not be part of another family group on Google.
Countries
Family Library is available wherever you can use Google Play.

Note: Sharing of films and TV shows with Family Library may be limited in some countries.

Add or remove Family Library purchases
Eligible purchases can be automatically added to the Family Library, or you can add them yourself after you buy them.

When you remove purchases from Family Library or leave your family group, your family members will lose access to the purchases that you've added to Family Library.
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
Shame this has been moved to discussions as although it is not a deal as such I suspect it is something not everyone is aware off..
sheps21/04/2019 11:10

Shame this has been moved to discussions as although it is not a deal as …Shame this has been moved to discussions as although it is not a deal as such I suspect it is something not everyone is aware off..

You could always find specific Google Play "Deals" threads & post a link to this one.

However, yes, the determination of what is a "Deal" & what is not, if there is some doubt, is often the subjective view of the Moderator(s) available at the time the thread is created (or "reported").
fanpages21/04/2019 11:19

You could always find specific Google Play "Deals" threads & post a link …You could always find specific Google Play "Deals" threads & post a link to this one.However, yes, the determination of what is a "Deal" & what is not, if there is some doubt, is often the subjective view of the Moderator(s) available at the time the thread is created (or "reported").

I could but I'm kinda fed up with trying to satisfy the mods here.. This used to be a great place to share a deal or a helpful bit of info and use your own common sense to decide if you wanted to buy.. The ban on amazon products that don't come from thier safe list even when it is the brands official seller is annoying as we are daily missing great deals.. and I'm becoming increasenly aware same is happening with various other websites that are on places like quidco are banned on here too.. No wonder we don't get anything like the amount of posts per day we used to years ago.. Must be better places to be to find deals...maybe I just need to spend some time and find it lol
Edited by: "sheps" 21st Apr
sheps21/04/2019 11:30

I could but I'm kinda fed up with trying to satisfy the mods here.. This …I could but I'm kinda fed up with trying to satisfy the mods here.. This used to be a great place to share a deal or a helpful bit of info and use your own common sense to decide if you wanted to buy.. The ban on amazon products that don't come from thier safe list even when it is the brands official seller is annoying as we are daily missing great deals.. and I'm becoming increasenly aware same is happening with various other websites that are on places like quidco are banned on here too.. No wonder we don't get anything like the amount of posts per day we used to years ago.. Must be better places to be to find deals...maybe I just need to spend some time and find it lol

Don't bother posting the deals this place will eventually either evolve or disappear and another site will replace it,.
MrSprkle47 m ago

Don't bother posting the deals this place will eventually either evolve or …Don't bother posting the deals this place will eventually either evolve or disappear and another site will replace it,.

I think the pitch is someone buys them out
MrSprkle21/04/2019 12:25

Don't bother posting the deals this place will eventually either evolve or …Don't bother posting the deals this place will eventually either evolve or disappear and another site will replace it,.

MSE went for 80 million. That's the idea behind most start ups, that they get bought and can cash in.

And if hukd goes that way, fair play to them.
EN1GMA21/04/2019 14:16

MSE went for 80 million. That's the idea behind most start ups, that they …MSE went for 80 million. That's the idea behind most start ups, that they get bought and can cash in.And if hukd goes that way, fair play to them.

Wasn't it already bought by pepper though?
MrSprkle9 m ago

Yup.. Well atleast they on the about us page never looked into it further never mattered.. But I do remember the point when things started to change
Edited by: "sheps" 21st Apr
MrSprkle21/04/2019 14:42

Isn't pepper just the 'parent' holding company name through which hukd runs through the many countries.
EN1GMA22 m ago

Isn't pepper just the 'parent' holding company name through which hukd …Isn't pepper just the 'parent' holding company name through which hukd runs through the many countries.

No idea to be honest I thought pepper was a bigger company that bought HUKDs
If your Google account is also tied to Google suite then you can not share those app purchases.

I found out recently when this was last posted and tried sharing my games. Came back with an error.
Edited by: "kos1c" 21st Apr
sure i tried this and it is very limited as to waht can be shared. too much so imo.
maddogb14 h, 28 m ago

sure i tried this and it is very limited as to waht can be shared. too …sure i tried this and it is very limited as to waht can be shared. too much so imo.

I can share all purchases I've made.. You do have to pick what you share so I can finally ban the kids from Minecraft when they refuse to me tea
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions