Share your Too Good To Go purchases in this thread

Posted 23rd Sep
In case you don't already know, Too Good To Go is an app that you can order food on that would've been thrown away. You pay a cheaper price as you are reducing food waste. Find out more here

Why not share photos of your Too Good To Go bargains? Here's what I got today
3298823-IzI6z.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
wenzels ones are fun, one time got a cupcake, choc muffin, 2 sausage rolls, a baguette of some sort, a pretzel and a 2 pack of coconut cake things all for £2.99
Only used it twice so far. On Friday I got 5 small tubs of homemade vanilla ice cream from an Italian cafe for £3. The week before I got this from the carvery at my local Farmhouse Inn for £3.29
38530364-qFKt4.jpg
They need to go in the bin, honestly.
windym23/09/2019 19:32

They need to go in the bin, honestly.

You've had a bad experience with Too Good To Go then?
MiniMissyMoo23/09/2019 19:14

Only used it twice so far. On Friday I got 5 small tubs of homemade …Only used it twice so far. On Friday I got 5 small tubs of homemade vanilla ice cream from an Italian cafe for £3. The week before I got this from the carvery at my local Farmhouse Inn for £3.29 [Image]

Looks good! I will probably try a meal at some point on the app
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 23rd Sep
MiniMissyMoo23/09/2019 19:14

Only used it twice so far. On Friday I got 5 small tubs of homemade …Only used it twice so far. On Friday I got 5 small tubs of homemade vanilla ice cream from an Italian cafe for £3. The week before I got this from the carvery at my local Farmhouse Inn for £3.29 [Image]

That dish looks a bit anemic.
veedubjai23/09/2019 20:27

That dish looks a bit anemic.

I took a bad photo. It was tasty so no complaints from me.
I ordered from here before. It was good at the start but when they started to allow restaurants to give away multiple portions (maybe this was always allowed but wasn't commonplace at the start) now I suspect you will be getting less value.
jamie1523/09/2019 20:36

I ordered from here before. It was good at the start but when they started …I ordered from here before. It was good at the start but when they started to allow restaurants to give away multiple portions (maybe this was always allowed but wasn't commonplace at the start) now I suspect you will be getting less value.

If you get multiple portions instead of one how is it less value, Jamie?
andrewworrall123/09/2019 20:37

If you get multiple portions instead of one how is it less value, Jamie?

I mean less value than before. Last time I went to a café they gave me 1 sandwich and 2 pastries and I think they were only selling 1 portion. Now they sell 3. Unless they are especially generating 'waste' for the purpose of the app I don't see how this is possible.

It may vary depending on branch of course. I ordered Costa and they cancelled my order as they ran out. What is frustrating is that because people can pre-order in the morning for closing time, people order in advance whereas I think you should only be able to order up to 1 hour before pick-up time. Most places near me sell out by 12pm when pick-up is at like 7pm.
Edited by: "jamie15" 23rd Sep
jamie1523/09/2019 20:40

I mean less value than before. Last time I went to a café they gave me 1 …I mean less value than before. Last time I went to a café they gave me 1 sandwich and 2 pastries and I think they were only selling 1 portion. Now they sell 3. Unless they are especially generating 'waste' for the purpose of the app I don't see how this is possible.It may vary depending on branch of course. I ordered Costa and they cancelled my order as they ran out. What is frustrating is that because people can pre-order in the morning for closing time, people order in advance whereas I think you should only be able to order up to 1 hour before pick-up time. Most places near me sell out by 12pm when pick-up is at like 7pm.

I think they just give our whatever is going out of date on that day, it probably depends on how many listings they have made and the time of day as to how many items you will get?

I like the idea of pre-ordering for food apps but for this app I agree with you because the quantity is extremely limited compared to other apps
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 23rd Sep
andrewworrall123/09/2019 19:41

You've had a bad experience with Too Good To Go then?

I was commenting on the photos. It's great if it works for you but I would rather not eat that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants